The new Honda City features sunroof and 5 spoke alloy wheels for the top variant
Here we have all the details represented graphically
Check out the Instrument console of the new Honda City
Equipment on the new Honda City
The sound system on the new 2014 Honda City
5 inch monitor audio system for the city
New City to have a lighter, but rigider body
Honda claims the i-DTEC diesel will offer best in class performance and efficiency
Shoulder room increased by 40 mm height by 45 mm legroom increased by 60mm
Here is the first sketch of the interior
Here is the first sketch of the exterior design
Exterior design based on Sleek Crossmotion theme
New City and all future Honda models to feature H design – Man maximum machine minimum
Comfort, Styling and Space major focus areas for the new Honda City
City has sold more than 2.2 million units in more than 55 countries
President & CEO- Honda Cars India Ltd. Mr. Hironori Kanayama comes to the stage for the keynote speech
Now a video about India is playing – turns out a promotion for Honda Amaze
Officials from Honda Car India introduced.
President & CEO- Honda Cars India Ltd. Mr. Hironori Kanayama is present
A video, set in the Western world plays, showing a girl driving a car, and everyone noticing it
The 2014 New Honda City unveiling event has started – all set!
The new 2014 Honda City is just a few hours away from making its public debut! The new City has to be one of the most hotly anticipated cars of recent times and the fact that Honda has managed to conceal the new City details pretty well further increases the anticipation levels.
The new 2014 Honda City will make its public debut in an event in New Delhi later today and safely expect us to keep you updated about the upcoming C segment sedan.
Here are a few things that you need to know about the 2014 Honda City-
- The next gen 2014 Honda City would be bigger (and roomier of course) than the current model
- The new City will also come with a considerably longer features list. New features on offer could include a touchscreen audio and navigation system, projector headlamps, cooled glovebox, et al.
- Honda may introduce advanced active safety measures on the new City. It could features a Vehicle Stability Control System
- There would be an auto variant for the petrol version for sure, but we are not sure whether the diesel will also have an Auto variant.
- The cabin would be very flexible and versatile, ala Jazz. Expect not just more room, but more clever packaging and more permutations and combinations for the seat positions as well.
- Quality of the interior is expected to shoot through the roof. The current gen City’s interior doesn’t boast very high quality. Expect Honda to address this very reassuringly with the 2014 City.
- A high quality music system, along with a host of other features such as parking sensors, monochromatic mirrors, rear AC vents, and a jazzy instrument cluster should raise the value quotient for the customer.
- The talking point about the next gen 2014 Honda City would be the highly desired diesel engine option
- The next generation City will be powered by the same diesel motor that powers the Amaze compact sedan
- Safely expect the 1.5 litre i-DTEC motor to have better performance figures for the City. The fuel efficiency would be lesser than on the Amaze though. We expect 20 kmpl or thereabouts.
- Thanks to a higher weight, the next gen City D could have a lower fuel efficiency than the Amaze
- Visually, the City could be similar to the Crider sedan that is being sold in China. It would be smaller with some visual differences.
- The front of the car could come with DRLs and we expect to find plenty of chrome finished bits at the front and rear end of the new model
- We also expect the car to have a swooping roofline and wrap around tail lights.
- The new model is expect to outsize all its competitors in the segment. The new City would have a size advantage over its peers. Expect the price to go up by a good margin too.
Equipped with a frugal yet powerful diesel engine, several ‘high-end’ features and new age styling, the next gen 2014 City might very well become a force to reckon with.
Stay tuned to Motoroids for LIVE updates from the 2014 Honda City unveiling event.