You are eyeing the BMW X3 but are put off by the fact that it is available in India currently only with the four cylinder 2.0 liter diesel motor ? Worry not ! BMW India will be soon launching the more powerful X3 variant.
According to a report, BMW India will be launching the X3 30d with a 3.0 liter straight six producing 255 bhp in June this year. BMW used to sell the X3 with this engine in the pre-facelift model. Apart from a 30d badging on the front fender, the other differentiating bit on this variant will be the M Sport kit fitted on the SUV as standard, similar to what BMW offers with the 530d. Also, it will come with sportier wheels, a more pronounced front bumper with larger air intakes and M badges on the inside and out.side. While these will be the cosmetic differences, the key feature to enhance the driving experience will be the inclusion of the paddle shifters for the eight-speed automatic gearbox on this variant.
Apart from being more powerful, this will be the first BMW model to employ the locally assembled version of the 3.0 liter oil burner. This motor also does the duty in the 5-series, 7-series and the bigger brethren X5. Local assembly of the 2.0-liter diesel engine powering the 320d, 520d and X3 20d is set to commence this month. Also, BMW is aggressively working towards more local assembly and increasing the local content in its cars to cut down costs and long waiting periods.
The BMW X3 20d is available with the following features :
- Automatic Start/ Stop
- Brake energy regeneration
- Airbags for driver and front passenger, head airbags front and rear, side airbags for driver and passenger
- active front seat headrests
- ABS with brake assist
- BMW Condition based service (intelligent maintenance system)
- Cornering brake control (CBC)
- Dynamic stability control (DSC) with Dynamic Traction control (DTC)
- Electronic vehicle immobilizer
- Electronic parking brake with auto hold
- Run flat indicator
- Child seat mounts
- Run flat tyres with reinforced side walls
- Side impact protection
- 3-point seat belts at all seats
- Warning triangle with first-aid kit
- Crash sensor and dynamic braking lights
So what do you have to say about the more powerful BMW X3 ? Do let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
via : ACI