Regulars to Motoroids would remember that only yesterday, we posted spy pics of an upcoming bike that could be launched as the successor to the popular Karizma ZMR. This bike could come with a larger, 250cc motor that would help the bike challenge the Honda CBR 250.
Rumoured to make its debut at the 2014 Delhi Auto Expo, the upcoming bike could sport an EBR-AVL developed motor, which is being speculated to have a power figure in vicinity of 29 PS.
Here we have two more pics of the upcoming Hero bike. These pics reveal some interesting details which are as follows-
1) While one of the bike sports a disc brake setup at rear, the other can be seen having a drum brake. This means that Hero could launch the bike in two variants- one with rear disc brake and the other with a drum setup at rear.
2) The disc brake variant can be seen sporting a MRF Zapper tyre at the rear. However, the rear wheel of the drum brake variant can be seen wearing a Ceat Vertigo. Another cost cutting measure?
3) The bike has alloy footrests.
4) The pillion seat height reminds us of that of the R15 V2.0, which means that the bike would have at least some sporty aspirations.
5) The bike has O-ring chain.
6) No monoshock at rear.
7) No clip-ons in the variant with no rear disc brakes.
8) The bikes also have dissimilar looking end cans.
All this also means that Hero could be in the process of updating both the Karizma R and the Karizma ZMR, in which case, the two bikes would have similar bodywork.
Also check out the video from the previous sighting of the upcoming Hero flagship
As can be made out from all the images and the video, the bike boasts of a styling that is definitely related to that of the current Karizma ZMR. However, the bike does look bigger and heavier when viewed in profile.
As we said above, the bike could be powered by a 250cc motor that would have about 29PS of max power. As is obvious, the engine would be a single cylinder, liquid cooled and fuel injected deal. It is being said that the test mules seemed to be pretty relaxed even when cruising at triple digit speeds. Our guess is that the bike would have a true top speed of around 150kmph and would have performance figures similar to those of the Honda CBR250R. The upcoming Hero flagship is expected to come with a price tag of around INR 1.4 lakhs.
Go to next page for more images