Mercedes-Benz India today launched the GL500 4MATIC SUV. Powered by a 5.4 litre V8 engine with 388hp of peak power and 530Nm of peak torque, the GL500 is one of the most powerful SUVs in Mercedes-Benz’s stable. M-B claims the SUV to be capable of accelerating from 0-100km/h in a mere 6.5 seonds. The car comes with new monstrous 20-inch alloys and front seat memory packages.
The big V6 engine is married to the 7G TRONIC 7-speed automatic transmission as standard. Apart from the auto transmission the GL also has shift paddles on the steering wheel to further enhance driving pleasure. Apart from the engine and transmission the 4MATIC all wheel drive system in the GL 500 provides great traction and enhanced driv-ing stability bad surfaces. In addition to all this, the GL-Class equipped with an off-road pro engineering package and the AIRMATIC suspension system.
Here’s the list of features on the GL500
- LED tail lights
- LED day time running lights
- Intelligent Lighting System to regulate the headlamp range and light distribution
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Wood and leather steering wheel
- NAPPA leather seats
- Front seats memory package
- Electrically folding third row seats – a first in its segment
- Rear seat entertainment system with 8-inch colour screens
- Harman Kardon audio system
- PARKTRONIC system with Linguatronics and a reversing camera for easy parking
- The THERMOTRONIC luxury automatic climate control
Mr Peter Honegg, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India: “The SL 350 and the GL 500 are two of the most popular offerings in our portfolio. Both the cars have unique USP’s. The SL-Class with its styling, performance and handling abilities has won hearts globally. We are glad to introduce the SL-Class which is sportier, aggressive and of course packed with benchmark Mercedes-Benz safety features and technology. On the other hand the GL 500 being one of the most powerful SUV’s in the world, is ideal to suit the tastes of the growing number of off-roading afficionados in India. I am confident that both the vehicles will woo auto enthusiasts, critics, customers & media alike.”