Mercedes-Benz GL63 AMG India launch is scheduled to happen on April 15, 2014. The Mercedes Benz GL63 AMG India launch will be an addition to the high-performance AMG India line-up that includes the C 63 AMG, the G 63 AMG, the E 63 AMG and the SLK 55 AMG.
The GL63 AMG tips the scales at 2.5-tonne. The seven-seat GL is powered by the new 5.5-litre biturbo V8 engine, which sends 549 bhp of power to the permanent, 40/60 front-rear biased four-wheel drive system.
The 5.5 liter V8 motor is mated to a seven-speed 7G-Tronic AMG automatic gearbox, which propels the 2.5 tonne SUV from 0 to 100 kmph in a scant 4.9 sec (claimed). The top whack of the car has been electronically restricted at 250 kmph. Suspension duties are performed by an ‘AMG ride control’ package of adaptive, self-levelling air suspension and active roll-bars.
Standard equipment of the Mercedes-Benz GL63 AMG includes:
- AMG door sill panels in stainless steel
- AMG floor mats
- AMG sports pedals in brushed stainless steel with rubber studs
- Active Parking Assist
- ATTENTION ASSIST
- Bi-xenon headlamps
- Audio 20 CD radio with Bluetooth® and USB interface
- COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST
- Electric EASY-ENTRY system in the rear compartment
- Electrically operated EASY-PACK tailgate
- Electric glass tilt/sliding sunroof
- Intelligent Light System (ILS) with new off-road lighting
- Multicontour seats for driver and front passenger including a massage function and Memory package
- Crosswind Assist
- THERMATIC 3-zone automatic climate control
The Mercedes GL 63 AMG, like the other AMG’s, will be sold in India via the CBU route.
Stay tuned to Motoroids for more updates on the Mercedes Benz GL63 AMG India launch and other details.