After much speculation and anticipation, Maruti Suzuki India Limited has announced the global launch of its premium hatchback, the Baleno. The new Baleno receives company’s “Liquid Flow design” and comes equipped with plush roomy interiors and safety features such as dual airbags and ABS as standard. Maruti claims that the new Baleno is packed with features, many of which are being offered for the first time in the premium hatchback segment.
The new Baleno will be available in two engine options – the DDiS 190 diesel engine (1.3 litre) with a claimed fuel efficiency of 27.39 km/litre and the VVT Petrol (1.2 litre) with a claimed fuel efficiency of 21.4 km/litre. Baleno also comes with a CVT option (Continuously Variable Transmission) in the petrol variant.
This new premium hatchback is built on a brand new Suzuki platform which is claimed to be lighter (by 100 kg), stronger (by 10%) and more rigid compared to existing platforms in the industry.
At the introductory price of Rs 4.99 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), the Baleno offers substantially more value to customers and is set to redefine the premium hatchback segment in the country. Baleno will be sold through NEXA, the new chain of premium exclusive automotive retail outlets recently launched by Maruti Suzuki.
Maruti Suzuki will manufacture the Baleno exclusively in India and will be sold in over 100 countries.
Here is what’s packed in the new Maruti Baleno:
- Liquid flow design
- Chrome accentuated front grill with signature “S” logo
- Bold shoulder line
- Low & wide stance
- Projector headlamps (HID) with DRL (LED)
- Stylish chrome garnishes on the rear & doors
- Premium LED rear combination lamps
- Aerodynamic outside rear view mirrors
- Chrome door scalps running from front to rear
- 16″ Dynamic alloys
- Chrome door handles
- A, B, C blackout film
- Plush Interiors
- Clean and clutter free dashboard
- Elegant all-black interiors
- Leather wrapped steering wheel
Comfort and Convenience features
- Apple CarPlay (First car to offer this feature in India)
- UV cut glasses reducing UV rays by upto 85%
- Multi information speedometer display (4.2″ color TFT)
- Touch screen audio
- Unique circular display and a high-contrast LCD panel highlights the automatic air conditioner
- Follow me / auto head lamps
- Tilt & telescopic steering
- Steering mounted audio controls
- Keyless push start/stop
- Reverse parking camera
- Driver side auto up power windows with pinch guard
- Height adjustable driver seat
- Spacious interiors with several smart storage spaces
- Front arm rest with storage space
- Ample boot space of 339 litres**
- 60:40 split rear Seat
- Sigma: Rs 4,99,000
- Delta: Rs 5,71,000
- Zeta: Rs 6,31,000
- Alpha: Rs 7,01,000
- CVT: Rs 6,76,000
- Sigma: Rs 6,16,000
- Delta: Rs 6,81,000
- Zeta: Rs 7,41,000
- Alpha: Rs 8,11,000
Baleno hosts an array of advanced safety features Built on Suzuki’s Total Effective Control Technology (TECT). This premium hatchback offers an optimum package of safety and stability. Extensive use of High Tensile Steel makes the body stronger, safer and lighter. Dual airbags, seatbelts with pre-tensioners and force limiters, front disc brakes with ABS & EBD are available on Baleno from base variant onwards. Driver seat belt reminder buzzer with lamp and rear parking sensors with camera are among the other safety features on Baleno.
More details coming up very soon so stay tuned!