India’s leader in digital maps, GPS navigation and location based services (LBS)- MapmyIndia will be showcasing the ‘Connect/Convergence’ suite of products and location-aware mobile apps at the Auto Expo 2014. These products are aimed to keep the users productive, engaged, and entertained in the car.
“The products that connect the customers at home or office are quite different that those required in a car, due to unique dynamics and space constraints. With MapmyIndia Connected/Convergence suite of products and location-aware mobile apps we have been able to offer seamless in-car connectivity while addressing these constraints,” says Shivalik Prasad, Executive Director, MapmyIndia.
MapmyIndia Connected/Convergence technology allows car manufacturers to offer a smart interactive car. The front and the rear seat travelers enjoy internet connectivity all the time. They can access services like SOS emergency app, Real Time Traffic updates, emails, concierge services, news, games, videos etc.
The next generation of Connected/Convergence car accessories are :
- MapmyIndia rear-seat Navitainment
This is the next generation of connected devices. A new android based GPS tablet that offers custom designed UI (User Interface) especially for car passengers. The default “Location Aware” UI will send instant alerts and information about places on the road you are traveling on e.g.- Petrol pumps, restaurants will pop up on the screen as alerts and upon tapping the screen it’ll open up the map and place page. This is an ideal rear-seat companion users will have access to connected Navitainment features like traffic updates, navigation, apps, videos, email etc on a large 7’ screen.
- MapmyIndia Connect (https://www.mapmyindia.com/beyond-gps/mapmyindia-connect)
This device enables users to mirror their smartphone/tablet screen to the car AV screen. This advanced device wirelessly puts navigation, videos, applications, games etc. on to your car dashboard. Now MapmyIndia apps loaded onto your smartphone will guide you like an in-dash car navigator. This will enable assisted driving from the back seat also. The product can be used with other screens like LCDs, LEDs, Television etc.
- MapmyIndia Smart Mirror (https://bit.ly/1fbdA9w)
This is a new offering that will make navigation more convenient than ever before. This is a navigator which is also a rear view mirror and doubles up as reverse camera screen. Powered by India’s best maps the product features the MapmyIndia Navigator merged with a rearview mirror to offer assisted driving experience. There is no distraction while driving. To navigate all one has to do is look at the rearview screen. MapmyIndia Mirror seamlessly gels with your car’s interiors while smartly replacing your dumb rearview system.
Free location-aware consumer apps for mobility:
MapmyIndia is aggressively leveraging the power and penetration of smartphones to expand the Connected concept. MapmyIndia’s location-aware mobile apps cover the complete SNT (Social, Navigation and Tracking) spectrum. These are compatible with all leading mobile platforms (Android, iOS, Windows and mobile browser) and are free for users:
- MapmyIndia Maps (https://app.lk/mapmyindia): The app is available free on iTunes store, Google play, Blackberry and Windows store. The application streams maps from MapmyIndia server through internet. This app provides maps, directions and search nearby.
- MapmyIndia Locate (app.lk/locate): This is a people tracking app for mobile phones. Locate helps users identify the location and to stay connected with their friends, family and staff. Users can add upto ten friends or family members to locate. The application also supports detailed movement reporting and enables you to see people you are locating on a real-time map.
- MapmyIndia ReachMe (app.lk/reachme):The application allows users to share their location with friends and contacts of their choice just by a single tap. The utility of this application is further heightened by the current security concerns that have been bothering people from all walks of society.
- MapmyIndia Explore (app.lk/explore): MapmyIndia’s social-navigation app Explore helps the users to find millions of useful places of interest like ATMs, restaurants, petrol pumps, hospitals etc. around them. Apart from being a city guide the app has a social interface. The users can pin favorite hangouts, rate and review popular places around their location and follow other “Explorers”. See an activity feed of what others are doing on Explore. They also have an option of placing a location on the map while logging in with Facebook. Any such activity is posted on Facebook right away.