Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. Has officially announced the launch of the Scorpio automatic today. The Scorpio AT will be available on the top-end S10 variant of the New Generation Scorpio. The SUV, in its automatic version has been priced at Rs.13.13 lacs (ex-showroom Delhi, 2WD). The Scorpio can also be had with an automatic transmission with 4WD option. This makes the Scorpio the only SUV in its segment offering a 6-speed automatic transmission with 4WD as an option.
The Scoprio comes powered by a 2.2 liter turbo diesel engine with 120 bhp of peak power produced at 4000 RPM and 280 Nm of peak torque delivered at 1800 RPM.
Key features of the new Scorpio Automatic include the rich set offered on the S10 variant
- Static Bending Projector Headlamps – headlamps come with advanced Static Bending Technology to light up those hairpin bends at every turn
- LED Eyebrows – LED styling lights for an aggressive look, which also act as parking lights.
- New Suspension and Anti-Roll Technologies – The New Generation Scorpio Automatic comes with an all-new platform with a better suspension for more comfortable ride and what Mahindra calls Anti-Roll Technology that offers better handling.
- New Hi-Tech 15 cm (6 inch) Touch Screen Infotainment System – New 15 cm (6 inch) Touch Screen Infotainment System with inbuilt GPS Navigation/Bluetooth/CD/DVD/USB/Aux. The Driver Information System gives various vehicle-related information at the touch of a button.
- Fully Automatic Temperature Control – Maintain the cabin at your preferred temperature without the need to keep adjusting blower and cooling knobs.
- Dual Front Airbags – In the event of a collision, these dual airbags inflate instantly, thereby protecting the driver and the co-driver from serious injury.
- New 43 cms (17 inch) Alloy Wheels – Aids greatly to the car’s looks
- New Instrument Cluster– A 3D-effect cluster design which is nicely illuminated. It also displays vital information like gear position, trip meter, odometer, fuel and temperature.
- New Blue-Grey Interiors – New Scorpio features 2-tone interiors, a new dual-tone dashboard and new blue-grey upholstery.
- Short Turning Radius – The shortened turning radius of 5.4 meters enables ease of manoeuvrability even in the most congested places.
- New Height-adjustable Driver’s Seat – This allows the driver to adjust the seat height as per his convenience.
- Shift-on-Fly 4 Wheel Drive – The New Generation Scorpio Automatic is also available with 4WD, as an option, for the off-road enthusiast.
- The shift-on-fly feature allows you to shift between 4WD modes at the simple turn of a knob.
- New Smart Rain and Light Sensors – Smart sensors automatically turn the headlights ON or OFF according to light conditions, and also control the speed of the wipers according to the intensity of rain.
- Tyre-tronics – A sophisticated measuring system that enhances safety by providing live updates of the exact air pressure and temperature in each tyre. Any variation is brought to your immediate attention.
Speaking at the launch, Pravin Shah, President & Chief Executive (Automotive), Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, “The Scorpio broke new ground when it was launched more than a decade ago and since then we have regularly upgraded the Scorpio to ensure that it stays relevant. At Mahindra, it is our constant endeavor to make advanced technology more accessible and affordable to our customers. In fact, the Scorpio was the first Indian SUV to launch an Automatic transmission in 2008 and, now, we offer our customers an automatic option on Scorpio’s New Generation Platform. I am sure that the New Generation Scorpio Automatic will be an instant hit with our customers and further enhance the appeal of this iconic brand.”