We are reporting live form the Mercedes Benz GL63 AMG India launch event and the new model has been launched in India for a price of INR 1.66 crores.The car comes to us via CBU route. With the Mercedes Benz GL63 AMG India launch, the carmaker’s portfolio now has five high-performance AMG models. The remaining four models include- C 63 AMG, the G 63 AMG, the E 63 AMG and the SLK 55 AMG.
The new Mercedes Benz GL63 AMG is a seven seater full size SUV that weighs 2.5-tonne and is powered by a new 5.5-litre biturbo V8 engine that has a max power of 549 bhp, all of which is sent to all four wheels using a 40/60 front-rear biased four-wheel drive system. The car’s V8 engine comes mated to a seven-speed 7G-Tronic AMG automatic gearbox and this .5 tonne SUV can reach 100 kmph from standstill in a supercar rivaling 4.9 secs! The top speed is electronically limited to 250 kmph. The new GL63 AMG’s suspension features ‘AMG ride control’ package that comprises of adaptive, self-levelling air suspension and active roll-bars.
The new Mercedes GL63 AMG is quite feature laden and standard equipment on offer includes:
- AMG door sill panels in stainless steel
- AMG floor mats
- AMG sports pedals in brushed stainless steel with rubber studs
- Active Parking Assist
- ATTENTION ASSIST
- Bi-xenon headlamps
- Audio 20 CD radio with Bluetooth® and USB interface
- COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST
- Electric EASY-ENTRY system in the rear compartment
- Electrically operated EASY-PACK tailgate
- Electric glass tilt/sliding sunroof
- Intelligent Light System (ILS) with new off-road lighting
- Multicontour seats for driver and front passenger including a massage function and Memory package
- Crosswind Assist
- THERMATIC 3-zone automatic climate control
Stay tuned to Motoroids for Mercedes Benz GL63 AMG India launch report and LIVE images.