Ford will launch its true-blooded SUV, the Endeavour, for the Indian market today and team Motoroids is present at the event to bring you all the LIVE updates.
Here is the variant-wise comparison for the Ford Endeavour and the Toyota Fortuner.
Here is the image gallery for the interiors of the Ford Endeavour:
Here is the image gallery for exteriors of the Ford Endeavour:
- A new feature known as Semi Auto parallel park assist scans for parallel places and the car then parks by itself.
- Engine options will include a 2.2 litre 4 cylinder diesel engine and a 3.2 litre 5 cylinder diesel engine.
- With bookings open now, the price of the Ford Endeavour starts Rs. 24.75 lakhs for the base variant and the top end variant comes at a price of Rs. 29.46 lakhs, both ex-showroom Mumbai.
- The new Ford endeavour will have 6000 litres of cargo space with all the seats folded down.
- The new age SUV comes with sync2 that recognizes more than 10,000 voice commands.
- The dimensions of the car measure 15 feet in length, 6 feet in breadth and 6 feet in height.
The launch for the Ford Endeavour begins:
Here is the LIVE webcast of the event. [Please wait for the video to load]: https://ford.vsworld.com/
So while we await for the event to kick start, here is what we know about the SUV till now.
Mechanical updates will include two diesel engines from Ford’s Duratorq family. First up is the 3.2-litre, Duratorq, five-cylinder TDCi diesel engine that delivers 197 hp of power and 470 Nm of torque. This engine will be paired to a 6-speed automatic transmission and a 4WD system with Terrain Management that has three modes – Normal, Snow/Gravel/Grass, Sand and Rock.
The second engine option is the 2.2-litre Duratorq, four-cylinder, TDCi diesel unit that puts out 158 hp of power and 385 Nm of torque. Buyers can opt for either a six-speed automatic or manual transmissions, with 4WD being an option. Ford India further plans to expand the Endeavour line-up with an India made 2.2-litre diesel engine, to be dubbed the Panther.
In India, the new Endeavour will be available in two trim levels – Trend and Titanium. Here’s how the variants and trim levels are positioned:
- 2.2l 4X2 MT Trend
- 2.2l 4X2 AT Trend
- 2.2l 4X4 MT Trend
- 3.2l 4X4 AT Trend
- 2.2l 4X2 AT Titanium
- 3.2l 4X4 AT Titanium
The list of features will include equipment such as the Semi Auto Parallel Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Climate Control, Ford’s Sync 2 infotainment system with a wide touchscreen, two USB ports, and SD card slot.
Offering comfort and convenience would be leather upholstery, LED interior lighting, 3rd row seats with power folding and 50:50 split, power tail gate, Active Noise Cancellation, a sun roof and a “multi-intelligent” instrument cluster with two TFT screens. The new Endeavour will come equipped with safety features such as seven air bags, Hill Descent Control, Hill Launch Assist, Electronic Stability Control, Traction Control and Torque on Demand.
Stay tuned and keep refreshing this page for all the latest updates from the Ford Endeavour India Launch.