Datsun India has finally launched their much awaited entry level product – the redi-GO hatchback for prices starting from INR 2,49,220. The hatchback is already up for booking through online portals and mobile app since 14 April 2016 for a booking amount of INR 5,000. Based on an all new platform and the maker says that the redi-GO is a fusion of a compact crossover and an urban hatchback. The new platform is claimed to provide a better performance and handling than the other in the completion. The Datsun redi-Go will be offered with 5 customization packages and 5 colour options. The customization packages are –
- Easy Kit – SPORTY: Mud Flap, Carpet Mat, Luggage mat, Steering wheel cover, Art leather Seat Cover.
- Easy Kit – PREMIUM: Mud Flap, Carpet Mat, Luggage mat, Steering wheel cover, Art leather Seat Cover.
- Kool Kit: Piano Black centre cluster, Mood Light, LED kick plate, DRLs, Spoiler.
- Urban Kit: Reverse parking sensor, Mood light, Cushion kit, Side curtail, Rear Parcel tray.
- Style Kit: Body side moulding, Front under protector, Rear under protector, Roof rails, Steering wheel cover, Exhaust finisher, Art leather Seat Cover.
The redi-GO will be rolled out in 5 variants and their prices will be as follows-
|Variant||Price (Ex-Showroom Mumbai)|
Under the hood of the Datsun redi-Go is the all-new 0.8L three-cylinder i-SAT DOHC engine. The 799cc engine produces a power output of 54 PS at 5,678 rpm and a peak torque of 72 Nm at 4386 rpm. The power is pushed to the wheels by a 5-speed manual gearbox. A fuel economy figure of 25.17 kmpl is claimed by the redi-GO maker. The redi-GO can accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 15.9 seconds and achieve a top speed of 140 km/h. Its new suspension system is claimed to offer a good balance between handling and ride comfort.
Checkout the Datsun redi-GO through a whole bunch of images straight from the live event!