The much discussed 2014 Mercedes E Class facelift is close to stepping into our ever expanding luxury car market and we are in New Delhi, reporting live from the event.
It has by now become a well known fact that the Mercedes E Class 2014 will be launched in Indian premium car market in two engine variants- a petrol and a diesel.
- The E200, which will be the petrol variant, is powered by a 2.0-litre, four pot engine that benefits from direct injection and has a maximum power output of 184bhp.
- The E250 CDI, the diesel variant, is powered by a 2.1-litre, four cylinder motor that has a peak power output of 204bhp.
Both these engines have been mated to Mercedes’ 7G-tronic automatic transmission.
As we have reported on numerous occassions, the car won’t get the top end E350 CDI variant.
- The new 2014 Mercedes Benz E Class facelift comes with a single unit for each headlamp. It may be noted that the outgoing model’s headlamp is divided into two units on each side. Along with getting a new set of headlamps, the front fascia also sports a revised grille and an updated front bumper. The new grille on both the standard and performance variants sports a three pointed star in the centre and overall, the front end manages to look fresh, sporty, uncluttered and yet, sophisticated.
- On the sides, the car does away with its pontoon-style rear fenders and the much talked-about retro touch has been replaced by a crease that begins at the rear door and runs along the length of rear fender. The car also gets to flaunt new foot wear as it comes with stylish new mag wheel designs for both the standard and AMG variants.
- At the rear, the changes are restricted to taillamps, which get a new motif, and to the bumper, which is now more sculpted.
- Changes on the inside are minimal with only new bits being a new three spoke steering wheel and a revised instrument binnacle.
- Overall, Mercedes has managed to improve upon the previous design without coming up with an all new car altogether.
The E Class has been the highest selling car in Mercedes India’s product portfolio and there are very good chances that the facelift will help the E Class with posting even better sales figures in Indiam luxury car sales charts.
Stay tuned for prices and detailed variant wise features list.