The Lamborghini Huracan is about to hit the Indian roads very soon, says a report on Economic Times. The tabloid suggests the Indian launch of the Lamborghini Huracan will take place in the third quarter of this fiscal year.
It is estimated that the price of the Lamborghini Huracan in India will begin from a whopping 3.2 crores!!
The Huracan is set to don the mantle of the erstwhile Gallardo. While Lamborghini did produce other cars such as the Murcielago, it was the Gallardo that drove its sales worldwide. The Murcielago, in retrospect, was a more niche and elevated name. After the scraping of the Gallardo, the luxury car maker needed something on similar lines to propel growth. The Lamborghini Huracan fits the bill, perfectly.
Almost as if catering to an age-old tradition, the car’s namesake is a notorious bull that gored several matadors in 19th Century Alicante. Did you know that the Gallardo, Aventador and Murcielago were all famous fighting bulls bred by the Lamborghini family??
PROMINENT FEATURES OF THE LAMBORGHINI HURACAN
- It is powered by a 5,204 cc V10 powerplant, that cranks out a peak power of 602 bhp at 8,250 rpm
- Peak torque is an earth-shattering 560 Nm at 6,500 rpm
- The Lamborghini Huracan will sprint to 100 km/h from standstill in a mere 3.2 seconds. Making this possible is a hybrid chassis composed of carbon fibre and aluminium, which is lightweight yet strong enough to resist cornering forces that will pound this car
- It has a 7-speed transmission comprising of an electrohydraulic multi-plate clutch, mated to an All-Wheel Drive system
- There are three drive modes for the driver to choose from; the Strada ( Street Mode ), Sport and Corsa
- Claimed top speed is in excess of 325 kmph, while some videos have showed that it can touch almost 330 kmph!
The only thing that will bother the Lamborghini Huracan in India is the absence of roads where it can unleash its full potential. In a country that posesses roads ridden with potholes and speed breakers, it runs the risk of being relegated to the status of Eye Candy in garages and drawing rooms! Lamborgini, though, claims that the 169 mm ground clearance will enable the Huracan to smoothly sail over the obstacles.
Source – Economic Times