September 28, 2013: A 164 kms Chai and Pakoda ride organized by India Bike Week drew a swarm of bikers riding through the scenic stretch of NH8 to Ahura Dhaba near Charoti Naka. The event was organized as a precursor leading to the formal event “India Bike Week” being scheduled in Goa from 17-18 January 2014.
Martin da Costa, CEO of 70 EMG said “We’re organizing Chai and Pakoda Rides in 20 cities across India to bring riders together as a Brotherhood regardless of what they ride.”
Adding to Martin’s comment, Mr. Keertan Adyanthaya- MD of Fox International Channels said “Last year, the Chai and Pakoda rides were organized in Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Shillong, Kochi and Bangalore and the participation was overwhelming. This year we expect that the participation will increase in leaps and bounds with every city.”
The Chai Pakoda ride along with bikes ranging from Pulsars to Hayabusas also witnessed record holders Vishnu Mehta and Pankaj Trivedi turning up at the event and sharing their thoughts on various shades of motorcycling culture in India.
Where Pankaj Trivedi holds the current Limca record for the fastest Kashmir to Kanyakumari sprint on a motorcycle at 125.45 hours, Vishnu Mehta at 54 years young- swept us off our feet for his list of records on two as well as four wheels he has set in this part of the world. His records include:
- Guinness World Record for longest journey on a motorcycle (Pulsar 200 NS) in a single country- 28,049.66 kms
- Limca Record 2009 for Fastest North South Solo Two Wheeler expedition- (Leh to Kanyakumari) 4196 kms in 151.35 hours on a Pulsar 180 Classic.
- India Book of Records 2012 for Fastest Expedition from Delhi to Ahmedabad- 931 kms in 14.55 hours on a HH Karizma.
- Assist World Record 2007 for Coastal Expedition from Koteshwar (Gujarat) to Bhokhali (West Bengal)- 7084 kms in 276.15 hours on a Pulsar Classic 180.
- Limca Record 2012 for Fastest East West Expedition in a 4 wheeler from Tezu (Arunachal Pradesh) to Koteshwar (Gujarat)- 3854 kms in 83.10 hours in a Toyota Innova.
- Limca Record 2010 for Fastest North South Four Wheeler expedition- (Leh to Kanyakumari) 4044 in 101.30 hours in a Mahindra Scorpio.
If that was not enough- he is embarking on an India-Singapore ride and back next month covering a total distance of 16000 kms to and fro on his Bajaj Pulsar 200NS. Starting from Gujarat, he would be passing through Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Bihar, West Bengal, Assam, Nagaland, Imphal crossing the international boundary into Burma and further riding through Cambodia, Malaysia and finally reaching Singapore.
He further plans to scale the Trans-Pacific Highway starting from Prudhoe Bay, Alaska riding all the way to the southern tip of South America in Ushuaia, Argentina. We convey our hearty best wishes to him for all his future biking endeavours.
Getting back to the India Bike Week, 70 Event Media Group and Fox Traveller Channel expects at least 12,000 fans to attend the 2nd edition being held in Goa. Priced at Rs. 3,000, the ticket sales have already begun and an Early Bird discount of 10% is on till October 31 with the first 1,500 buyers receiving a complimentary IBW T shirt worth Rs. 300 Tickets are available on in.bookmyshow.com and at Harley-Davidson showrooms across the country from October 1.