Words & Images- Dhairya Gupta
Recently having seen Desert Storm event and having interacted with racers, I was really looking forward to an off road adventure. Right then, I got this opportunity to sample the new Polaris Experience Zone at Dharuhera (about 70 kms from Delhi and about 40 kms from Gurgaon on NH8).
The Polaris Experience Zone facility –
- Pickup Fun Zone has a conference hall, and a restaurant which would enable them to host corporate team events combined with some dirt riding.
- They have 10 Polaris make off road vehincels including Side by Sides, ATV’s – both small and large capacity and have made a dirt track with some good turns, sloped and bridges where the users can have some fun ridiung these awesome machines.
One can enjoy the thrill of Polaris vehicles and a sense of discovery as you manoeuvre through dirt track with trucks, slush pit, humps, sand and stones all on a complete dirt terrain giving the full mud and dirt experience. A ride on the Polaris ATV single seater will cost Rs. 350 and Rs. 500 for a double seater. They provide the protective gear including a helmet, chest and back protector and a pair of gloves to each rider. We hope they can maintain those and change them as and when needed. Often the facilities start with fanfare and many facilities but they dwindle over time.
List of vehicles one can ride:
- Sportsman 90 with a 4-Stroke Engine is a youth ATV which comes with Parent-adjustable speed limiter and includes instructional DVD.
- The Phoenix 200 is proven and reliable ATV. It comes with 200cc 4-stroke single cylinder air-cooled engine and Automatic Transmission (PVT) with forward, neutral and reverse.
- The Sportsman Touring 500 H.O has integrated front storage and Lock & Ride compatible rear rack making it easy to carry gear and comes with Engine braking system for smooth, controlled descents. The ultra-comfortable seat and backrest are fully padded and contoured for full support, with a slightly raised for clear visibility of the trail.
- Trail Boss 330 is an entry level ATV. Combination of 329cc air-cooled engine and automatic transmission provides enough confidence to rider.
- RZR S 800 is a proven true-sport long-travel suspension package straight from the factory. The 12″ of front and rear suspension travel soak-up the roughest terrain. The 800 EFI high-output engines combined with a low vehicle weight delivers fast acceleration at 0 to 60 kmph in 4 seconds.
Speaking on the launch Mr Pankaj Dubey, Managing Director, Polaris India Pvt Ltd., said, “Off-roading experience is gaining traction in India. We are witnessing a positive trend towards adventure sports in India. Dharuhera is a strategic location for us as it is a part of the Delhi-NCR region and is on the Delhi- Jaipur High way. We foresee huge interest and growth prospects in Polaris Experience Zone and plan to introduce more off-road tracks in other locations all over the country. With such PEZ adventure lovers can now experience the real off-road thrill.”
The owner of the Pickup Fun Zone, Mr Sanjay Bajaj said, “We are thrilled to be associated with Polaris India. Pick Up Fun Zone is the perfect get away for corporates as well as families in the Delhi-NCR area. It is an adrenaline boosting place, where you will be exhilarated to ride the fast-paced Polaris ATVs on the muddy irregular un levelled terrain. While you enjoy that invigorating experience, your kids can spend time playing or eating at Zaiqa, an on-site restaurant with an ethnic ambience with a seating capacity of 120. The conference rooms equipped with Wi-Fi have a seating capacity of 60 and are available for our guests. We strongly believe in family values. Pickup Fun Zone is the product of constant efforts and thoughts focused on a building a place for families to strengthen their bonds in today’s busy lives. It is a place you wouldn’t want to leave.”
Apart from the newly launched PEZ in Dharuhera, Polaris also has 19 other such PEZ spread all over the county to reach out to more people and in turn give the participants a chance to experience the off road racing experience within their city.
We rode few of the vehicles on the track and it was a blast. The turns are good and getting the tail out on both the ATV and the side by side was a lot of fun. One has to be careful though since the track is tight but for an experienced rider it would only add to the fun factor. First time riders should go at a pace they are comfortable in. Though it was a media only event, some families who were invited for the inauguration also took to riding these machines. However, witnessing how safety is often overlooked by vehicle users, the facility managers would have to be extra strict in getting people to wear the protective gear.