ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Ltd., the country’s largest private sector general insurance company today announced the launch of “Road Side Assistance cover” for its Private car insurance policy customers. The add on cover will provide complete assistance in case of an emergency e.g. vehicle breakdown or accident manufacture. The cover starts from Rs. 99 for any car brand/ model or year of manufacture.
Some of the unique features available of the new add-on cover include:
- Arrangement of Accommodation in the event of the Insured’s vehicle being immobilized due to a breakdown/accident
- Arrangement of alternate transport i.e. Taxi to assist the insured in case of vehicle breakdown.
- Breakdown support to help rectify minor mechanical faults over the phone or if required at the site
- Arrangement of fuel in case of an emergency or vehicle breakdown
- Assistance to nearest Garage over the phone and using GPS technology
- Message relay to send SOS messages to the family members in case of vehicle breakdown
Speaking on the launch, Mr. Sanjay Datta, Chief – Underwriting and Claims said, “At ICICI Lombard, we endeavour to offer products and services that go beyond the basic claim settlement feature. With the new Road Assistance Cover, we are offering timely and much required support to our customers during their hour of need. This will ensure that our customers derive the maximum benefit out of their motor insurance policy“.