Hyundai launched the Creta compact SUV in India on July 21, 2015. Fast-forward one week (July 28) and our men are in rain-soaked Pune to conduct a thorough test drive of this Korean SUV. We were earlier invited by Hyundai for a brief drive of the Creta within the company’s plant in Chennai. You can read our first impressions of the SUV here.
Having driven it in the real world conditions and for an extended period of time, we will soon be putting together an exhaustive review of the Hyundai Creta. In the meanwhile, our men have sent a bunch of images for you to have a closer look at the SUV, which wasn’t allowed to be shot during the first drive at Chennai.
But before we get to the image gallery, here are some of the features and technical specifications of the Hyundai Creta.
- 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels
- Projector headlamps with static bending
- LED positioning lamps
- Roof rails & skid plates
- Triple-slat chrome front grille
- Shark fin antenna
- Piano black finish for the A-pillar
- Vertically aligned front fog lamps
- Audio Video Navigation system with 6 speakers and a 7-inch touchscreen
- Leather Seats
- Automatic climate control with Cluster Ionizer
- Mood change bar in FATC
- Electrically-folding ORVMs
- Rear AC vents
- Smart key with push button start
- Steering-mounted audio & Bluetooth controls
- Rear seat centre armrest with cup-holders
- Front console armrest with storage box
- 1 GB internal memory
- High-strength ‘Hive structure’ body shell
- Dual, side and curtain airbags (for a total of 6 airbags)
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM) and Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Hill-Start Assist Control
- Reverse parking camera with adaptive guidelines and sensors
The Hyundai Creta will be 4270mm long, 1780mm wide, 1630mm tall and boasts of a ground clearance of 190mm (unladen). The Hyundai Creta range will spawn 6 trim levels and 10 variants – L, S, S+, SX, SX+ and SX (O). While the L trim will be available only with the 1.6-litre VTVT and 1.4-litre CRDi variants, S and S+ trims will solely be limited to the 1.4-litre CRDi variant. A total of 7 exterior colour options are available – Polar White, Sleek Silver, Pearl Beige, Stardust, Mystic Blue, Red Passion and Phantom Black.
For more details on the Hyundai Creta, such as its prices, available engine options, fuel economy etc), click here.