The Hyundai Creta has been officially launched in India today at an event at New Delhi. Introductory prices for Hyundai’s first ever compact SUV in India start at INR 859,558 (ex-showroom Delhi).
Read our initial driving impressions of the Hyundai Creta HERE
Speaking at the launch of CRETA, BS Seo, Managing Director & CEO, HMIL said, “We are delighted to launch the perfectly engineered and powerful SUV for the new generation customers. CRETA is a revolutionary product – a true expression of the ‘New Age Hyundai’. We are confident CRETA will strengthen Hyundai’s position in India and will lead a new trend in the SUV segment fulfilling customers’ aspiration of owning a ‘Perfect SUV’. We thank our customers for their overwhelming response to CRETA and strong belief in Hyundai brand. We assure them of our commitment towards meeting their high aspirations on world-class quality products.”
The Creta will be available with a choice of three power-plants, coupled to 6-speed automatic and manual transmissions:
- 1.4 U2, 4-cylinder, CRDi diesel engine – 1396 cc; 90 PS@4000 rpm; 22.4 Kgm@1500-2750 rpm; 21.3 km/l*
- 1.6 U2, 4-cylinder, CRDi VGT diesel engine (MT/AT) – 1582 cc; 128 PS@4000 rpm; 26.5 Kgm@1900-2750 rpm; 19.67 km/l* (MT); 17.01 km/l* (AT)
- 1.6 Gamma Dual VTVT, 4-cylinder petrol engine – 1591 cc; 123 PS@6400 rpm; 15.4 Kgm@4850 rpm; 15.29 km/l*
The Creta range will spawn six trim levels and 10 variants – L, S, S+, SX, SX+ and SX(O). While the The L trim will be available only with the 1.6-liter VTVT and 1.4-liter CRDi variants, S and S+ trims will solely be limited to the 1.4-liter CRDi variant. A total of 7 exterior colour options are available – Polar White, Sleek Silver, Pearl Beige, Stardust, Mystic Blue, Red Passion and Phantom Black.
Read more about the features offered in the aforementioned variants here.
EX-SHOWROOM PRICES DELHI:
The Hyundai Creta will come with a 3 Year Unlimited KM warranty.
The Creta has been styled adhering to Hyundai’s Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 design philiosophy. The Creta will be 4270 mm long, which makes it longer than the Ecosport (3999 mm), but shorter than the Duster (4315 mm). A width of 1780 mm makes the Creta wider than the Ecosport (1765 mm), but slimmer than the Duster (1822 mm). The Creta stands 1630 mm high, while the Duster (1695 mm) and Ecosport (1708 mm) both stand taller.Unladen ground clearance stands at 190 mm.
Some of the exterior highlights include:
- 17-inch diamond cut alloy wheels
- Projector headlamps with static bending
- LED positioning lamps
- Roof rails & skid plates
- Triple slat chrome radiator grille
- Shark fin antenna
- A-pillar piano black finish
- Vertically aligned fog lamps
The interiors get an all-black theme, and a dual tone (beige + black) dashboard with metallic accents around the vertically aligned HVAC vents. The higher variants gets a Audio Video Navigation system with 6 speakers and a 7-inch display screen. The system gets an Advanced Touch interface, user friendly maps, video playing and image viewing capability through USB, Bluetooth support and rear camera display.
Lower variants get an optional 5-inch touch screen audio system that features Aux-in, USB, MP3, CD, Bluetooth support with 1 GB internal memory Some of the interior highlights include:
- Leather Seats
- Fully automatic temperature control with Cluster Ionizer
- Mood change bar in FATC
- Electrically folding ORVMs
- Rear AC vents
- Smart key with push button start
- Steering mounted audio & Bluetooth controls
- Rear seat centre armrest with cup-holders
- Front console armrest with storage box
- 1 GB internal memory
The Creta will also ranks high on keeping its occupants safe, with a high strength steel structure* with multiple cross members for enhanced strength and more loading capacity, along with dual, side and curtain air-bags (a total of 6 air-bags). Other safety appointments include ABS, reverse parking camera with steering adaptive guidelines & sensors, Hill Start Assist Control, Vehicle Stability Management (VSM) and Electronic Stability Control (ESC).
*The Creta is designed with strong ‘Hive structure’ body shell that denotes high structural strength stability and sturdiness. The ring shaped frames applied at B-Pillar, C-Pillar and engine bay helps to achieve high body rigidity, improved durability and crash performance. The ring frame structure realizes a significant increase in body stiffness, which contributes to more precise handling while maintaining excellent ride quality.
The ‘Hive’ structure in CRETA delivers benefits such as:
- High Body rigidity with ring structure design for enhanced structural safety, improved durability, ride & handling and reduced side impact
- Advanced High Strength Steel (AHSS) & Ultra High Strength Steel (UHSS) for enhanced body endurance, corrosion durability and lighter body for better mileage
- Reinforced roof structure with multiple cross members for enhanced strength
- Improved crash performance with addition of dash cross members. Use of larger diameter weld joints & use of reinforced side members having Tailor Welded Blanks (TWB) on door panels for improved body strength
- Front end modular structure to reduce the maintenance cost
|Engine||Capacity (cc)||Maximum Power (ps/rpm)||Maximum Torque (kgm/rpm)|
|1.6 Gamma Dual VTVT Petrol engine||1,591||123 / 6,400||15.4 / 4,850|
|1.6 U2 CRDi VGT (MT/AT) Diesel engine||1,582||128 / 4,000||26.5 / 1,900-2,750|
|1.4 U2 CRDi Diesel engine||1,396||90 / 4,000||22.4 / 1500-2,750|
|Engine||ARAI (Certified Figures)|
|1.6 Gamma Dual VTVT Petrol engine||15.29 kmpl|
|1.6 U2 CRDi VGT (MT/AT) Diesel engine||19.67 kmpl (MT)17.01 kmpl (AT)|
|1.4 U2 CRDi Diesel engine||21.38 kmpl|
|Length x Width x Height||4,270 x 1,780 x 1,630 mm|
|Max Tyre||215/ 60 R17|
|Ground clearance (Unladen)||190 mm|