Facing increasing pressure from the likes of the Captiva and Fortuner, Honda has facelifted its CR-V, one of the most popular premium SUVs in the countries. The refreshed SUV incorporates the following changes.
- The face of the new car has been changed with a new two-step front grille. The change makes the car look better than its earlier version
- The hood of the new car has been re-sculpted and even the front bumpers have been re-designed.
- The earlier 7-spoke wheels are replaced by 10-spoke wheels
- The fog lamps are now oval shaped
- The rear bumper gets a design rework
- There is a new steering-mounted Cruise Control system with illuminated controls, but only for the 2.4-litre version.
- The music system now features a new USB port in the upper glove compartment. A must-have for every car these days
- The refurbished CR-V is 45mm longer than its predecessor. Engine options remain unchanged – 2.0-litre and 2.4-litre petrol units, with 2WD and manual transmission for the former, and 4WD and optional automatic transmission with the latter.
- The interior of the car has been brightened and the cabin now feels more premium with chrome inserts in audio controls & gear knob. Some colour changes have been introduced in the dashboard and centre console as well
- The digital LCD readout in the centre of the instrumentation console is now illuminated by a blue backlight, and has altered digital readouts to facilitate easy understanding.
- The vanity mirror now come coupled with light.
- The new CR-V is also high on safety with more airbags including Side-Curtain airbags and Side Airbags with Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS).
- The new CR-V will be available in two new colours – Opal Sage Metallic and Premium Mystic Night Pearl along with the existing range of Polished Metal, Alabaster Silver, Crystal Black Pearl and Premium White.
The new Honda CR-V comes with a 2+2 year warranty and 24 – hr roadside assistance as standard value for all new CR-V buyers.
The prices of new Honda CR-V (ex showroom Delhi) is:
- 2.0L MT Rs 21,92,000
- 2.4L MT Rs 23,37,000
- 2.4L AT Rs 24,12,000