We are the largest democracy in the world, with the highest amount of voters. This large democracy will have to soon make a decision as to who shall be their leaders for the coming 5 years. The most trusted two-wheeler brand of the country, Honda Motorcycles and Scooters have come up with a new initiative to encourage citizens to vote, called the ActivIndia movement. Starting 6th April 2019, the first phase of #ActivIndia campaign triggers ‘duty to vote’ as the main action for voters. The movement will further deepen public awareness through campaigns across all 6000 Honda network touchpoints, workplace locations supported by marketing communications across all mediums.
With lack of transportation often being a hurdle in the world’s biggest democratic process, Honda has also proposed a rather unique solution. Honda is asking every two-wheeler rider to pledge that #KoiSeatNaJayeKhali (no seat should go empty). Ensure that your pillion seat doesn’t go empty when you ride to vote. You could ride with your friend, relative, neighbour etc. on pillion, ensuring every two-wheeler rides two votes to the polling booth. To be part of this epic movement, one can
- Pledge to vote: Visit www.hondaactivindia.com and join the #ActivIndia movement.
- Set SMS reminder: Select your polling date on the website and get reminded a day before.
- Join the movement through missed call: Just give a missed call on 9870500111 and support the #ActivIndia movement by taking a pledge to vote
- Frame your pledge: Show the world your customized pledge frame and spread awareness.
- Spread the cause: Upload your pledge certificate on social media and ask your friends and family to take the pledge too!
- Every vote counts: Ensure two votes are cast for every two-wheeler. Ride to the polling booth with a pillion.
Commenting on Honda’s biggest social initiative, Mr Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said “As a responsible corporate, Honda has always looked beyond business to contribute in empowering India, be it through our various CSR initiatives or even road safety commitment. After gaining the trust of India, Honda is now sparking positive social change and striving to evolve India into #ActivIndia. Together let’s make each citizen socially aware, more responsible and drive the change. Just give a missed call on 9870500111 and support the #ActivIndia movement by taking a pledge to vote.”