Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. Have released their monthly sales report for August 2014. The month saw the two wheeler manufacturer dispatch as many as 388,210 units- both domestic and exports combined, as compared to 308,881 units in August 2013. The number also indicated a commendable 26% growth.
Domestic motorcycle sales stand at 153,194 units for August 2014, against 144,039 units sold in the same month last year. Meanwhile, domestic scooter sales for the same period have dramatically shot up, with Honda dispatching 217,866 units in August 2014. The same month in 2013 saw 147,600 units.
Exports have gone down a tad, with figures of 17,150 in August 2014 as opposed to 17,242 units in the same month last year.
Cumulative sales for April to August 2014-2015 are 1,762,181 units, a heady 32% increase over the last period, which saw 1,336,711 units in April- August 2013-2014.
Other key performance highlights include:
- Total Sales: – 32% overall growth in April – August, FY’2014-15
- New Record: – All Time Highest ATSC domestic sale of 217,866 units in August’14
- Market share: -HMSI Dom market share is 26%, while Dom+Exp market share is 23%
- Product: – One Million Dream series of mass motorcycles sold cumulatively till Aug’14.
- Corporate: -Honda inaugurates 5th traffic park in India, its first in Maharashtra (Yeole, Nashik)