Remember the Harley-Davidson LiveWire that Black Widow (Scarlett Johanssen) rode in Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron? You can ride that motorcycle pretty soon as the project which started with LiveWire Concept in 2010, is reportedly nearing its final stages of development.
According to a report by Autoblog, LiveWire project is well under development and a production ready motorcycle should come out in the next 18 months. The motoring portal quoted a representative stating, “An active project that we are preparing to bring to market within 18 months.” He also added that “Harley wants to be the world leader in the electrification of motorcycles.”
Previously reported specifications indicated that the motorcycle will feature:
- Three-phase induction motor
- Generates 55 kW or about 74 hp of power and 52 lbs.ft or 70.5 Nm of torque
- A battery with a capacity of about 7 kWh
- Top speed limited to 92 mph
- 0-60 mph dash in under four seconds flat
- Range of about fifty miles of mixed city and highway usage
Are you excited for the Harley-Davidson LiveWire? Let us know your views through the comments section below.