After releasing a teaser video last week, BMW has officially unveiled the X4 at the ongoing Geneva Motor Show 2014.
Previewed by the X4 Concept, the production avatar of this Sports Activity Coupe concept inherits styling cues from the bigger sibling-X6, and is based on the X3.
At the front, there car features an aggressive front fascia with a prominent grille that is flanked by twin headlights and fog lights. At the rear, the car has a swooping roofline akin to the X6. The model also boasts of L-shaped LED taillights and a faux rear diffuser. The BMW X4 measures 14 mm longer and 36 mm lower than the X3.
The cabin closely resembles the one found in the X3 and is equipped with aluminum trim, electroplated accents and gloss black control panel surrounds. Ther crossover also features a 40:20:40 split rear seat, which folds down to expand the cargo capacity to 1,400 liters (49.4 cubic feet).
The car will go on sale with six different engines including:
- A 2.0-liter TwinPower Turbo four pot diesel producing 190 HP and 400 Nm of torque
- A 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo six pot diesel producing 258 HP and 560 Nm of torque
- A 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo six pot diesel producing 313 HP and 630 Nm of torque
- A 2.0-liter TwinPower Turbo four pot petrol producing 184 HP and 270 Nm of torque
- A 2.0-liter TwinPower Turbo four pot petrol producing 245 HP and 350 Nm of torque
- A 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo six pot petrol producing 306 HP and 400 Nm of torque
The BMW X4 will go into production in a couple of months, with the U.S. pricing starting at $45,625 (including a destination and handling fee).