Ford India has launched a new variant in its ‘Endeavour’ SUV line-up. The new model comes with an automatic transmission mated to the 3.0-litre diesel powerplant and a front wheel drive system. With its 5-speed automatic transmission, the new variant aims at providing a combination of urban driving convenience and the hardcore poise of a rugged SUV. ‘‘Like other variants in the portfolio, the 4×2 variant is robust, good looking, great to drive and versatile,” said Michael Boneham, president and managing director, Ford India.
We still feel the Endeavour’s gigantic dimensions will hamper the urban experience to a large extent. For those who would like getting stuck in traffic jams with this big SUV, Ford is offering a 6-CD changer music system, a DVD player and dual air-cons. The Endeavour’s engine is good for 156PS and 380Nm, which is a decent output for the weekend getaways. The Ford Endeavour 4×2 AT is priced at Rs. 17.89-lakh, ex-showroom Bangaluru. The test drive vehicles are expected to reach all dealerships by the end of this week, in case you are interested in calling for one.
In Ford’s own words, there are six reasons why you’ll love the new Endeavour 4×2 AT. This is what they have to say:
- Rugged exteriors, classy interiors: For example, the interiors have a two tone finish complemented by a spacious passenger cabin.
- High on comfort and entertainment: When you’re in the Endeavour, you want to relax and enjoy your journey Here’s where the ergonomically designed leather upholstered seats come into play along with a 6-CD changer music system, DVD player and environmentally friendly dual air conditioner… need we say more?
- Good looks: The Ford Endeavour 4X2 AT has unique touches to enhance its aesthetic feel and driving appeal—illuminated scuff plates, a titanium-finished instrument panel, sports pedals and a stylish side body cladding. And there are five great colours to choose from: Diamond White, Moondust Silver, Sea Grey, Panther Black and Morello.
- Focus on safety: The new variant offers a range of safety features such as dual-stage front air bags that work in conjunction with three-point safety belts and pre-tensioners and load limiter features unique to Ford cars. (Of course, we also have ABS and EBD to give you extra security and peace of mind.)
- Last, but not the least, versatility: As Michael says, “It provides a superb and effortless driving experience whether negotiating congested city streets, cruising on the highway or exploring country hills and back roads.” No wonder, then, we’ve dubbed it the ‘smooth operator’.
And here’s a bonus: A sixth reason to love the car! Since 2007, Ford Endeavour has topped the J.D. Power Dependability Survey three times in a row, guaranteeing car lovers a ride they can depend on.
Official Press Release on next page>>>