Esha Gupta aka Lone Gal Traveller, astride her favourite and trusted bike-the Bajaj Avenger 220 DTsi (2013 Model) is en route a thrilling journey of riding across 17 states over a period of 110 days. Her journey of a lifetime will commence on 26 January 2016 from Bangalore. On completion, her name will be in the Guinness World Record (GWR) for the longest journey on a motorcycle in a single country by a female. The adventure ride has been organized and promoted by Throttle club, an online motorcycling platform that focuses on individual riders and provides facilities to them in order to support their passion for biking.
Esha Gupta has already completed several long journeys on her Bajaj Avenger a.k.a ‘Mike’. Mike has been her two-wheeled companion for these trips spanning from length and breadth of the country. She quit her at an MNC about four years ago as she wanted to see the country.
Elaborating on the objective behind the journey, Esha said, ” By doing a solo ride across my country, I want to send out a message to all those out there who say India is an unsafe country for women: it is definitely not so. Having travelled alone extensively, I negate that line with my full will. That doesn’t mean I am challenging the miscreants, it just means that we, as a country, are concentrating so much on the negativity that we have forgotten that we are surrounded majorly by positive and good people. ”
The flag-off event was attended by founders of Throttle, CEO Srinivas Adimulam and COO Mangesh Deshpande. Speaking on the occasion, Srinivas said that their startup uses a technology platform to bring bikers together. Biking for them is all about brotherhood and through Throttle they wish to promote the egalitarian spirit it represents. Be it male or female, each biker deserves a chance to express themselves. COO of Throttle, Mangesh Deshpande further added that Throttle.club brings together motorcycle enthusiasts across brands and regional boundaries, motorcycling clubs, motorcycle tour companies, motorcycle event companies, accessory players and OEMs together on a common state of the art platform.
Esha’s itinerary for the ride will be as follows –
- Starting City: Bangalore
- Approximate distance to cover per day: ~350 to ~450km
- Total Ride Duration: 100+ days
List of State & Cities covered during Esha’s GWR ride (No specific order):
- Tamil Nadu: Chennai, Salem, Coimbatore, Chidambaram, Madurai, Theni and Tuticorin.
- Kerala: Kovalam, Kottayam, Aluva and Wayanad.
- Karnataka: Coorg, BR Hills, Tumkur, Mangalore, Chikmagalur, Kollur, Chitradurga, Dandeli, Bellary, Badami and Bidar.
- Telangana: Adilabad and Nalgonda.
- Andhra Pradesh: Seemasandra Kurnool, Chittor, Nellore, Mopidevi and Vizag.
- West Bengal: Digha, Bishnupur, Malda, Cooch Behar and Siliguri.
- Bihar: Samastipur, Sitamarhi, Bettiah, Sasaram and Pavapuri.
- Jharkhand: Sahibganj, Koderma, Hazaribagh, Netarhat and Chaibasa.
- Chhattisgarh: Ambikapur, Kawardha, Raipur, Jagdalpur and Kanker.
- Odisha: Jeypore, Mahendragiri, Ganjam, Bhubaneshwar, Balangir, Rourkela, Khiching and Balasore.
- Maharashtra: Nagpur, Chikaldara, Aurangabad, Nanded, Pandharpur, Malvan, Panchgani, Khandala and Manmad.
- Gujarat: Saputara, Rajpipla, Palitana, Porbandar, Rajkot, Mandvi, Bhuj, Dholavira and Ahmedabad.
- Madhya Pradesh: Ratlam, Omkareshwar, Betul, Raisen, Jabalpur, Bandhavgarh, Chitrakoot, Sagar and Gwalior.
- Rajasthan: Karauli, Bhilwara, Ranakpur, Mt. Abu, Barmer, Jodhpur, Jaipur, Fatehpur and Bikaner.
- Punjab: Bhatinda, Pathankot, Patiala (Via SH8) and Narwana Haryana Narwana, Narnaul and Rohtak.
- Chhindwara, Hinganghat, Hyderabad and Bangalore
- Uttar Pradesh: Saharanpur, Bareilly, Agra, Hardoi, Ayodhya, Khushinagar, Mirzapur, Lucknow, and Jhansi
We wish Esha Gupta all the very best for her adventurous trip. We shall keep you updated with the happenings of her journey! Till then stay tuned.