Bajaj V, a motorcycle which receives the metal of retired Indian war ship INS Vikrant, launched a new initiative titled ‘Invincible Indians: Stories that Invoke Pride Everyday’. This is an initiative to uncover stories of ordinary Indians who, by dint of their resolve and determination, perform extraordinary acts in the service of society. These are acts that happen all around us, yet go unnoticed. The initiative calls upon the public to identify and recommend other such Invincible Indians.
Five such ‘Invincible Indians’ were felicitated by a famous son of India who has himself made the nation proud – Abhinav Bindra, India’s first individual Olympic Gold Medalist. Bindra was accompanied by Rajiv Bajaj, Managing Director of Bajaj Auto at the event. Bajaj V also released five videos that capture the inspiring stories of these invincible people.
These Invincible Indian are:
- Chewang Norphel: Created 15 artificial glaciers in Ladakh to solve the perennial water crisis. Awarded a Padmashree in 2015.
- Bipin Ganatra: Helped rescue people from more than 100 fires in Kolkata. Recognized as a volunteer firefighter by the Kolkata Fire Department.
- Omkar Nath Sharma: Travels across NCR to collect medicines from people who no longer need them, and distributes it to clinics and hospitals who serve the poor.
- Vijaylaxmi Sharma: Leading a movement to eradicate child marriages in villages in Rajasthan.
- Karimul Haque: Converted his bike into an ambulance. Offers a 24X7 ambulance service free of cost.
These five awardees, through their selfless acts, have brought about transformational change. Watch the complete video stories of the five Invincible Indians on Bajaj’s official YouTube channel.