A meeting of the Board of Directors of Bajaj Auto Limited was held today to consider and approve the results for FY14. The Board of Directors recommended a dividend of INR 50 per share – 500% (previous year – 450%). The total amount of dividend and tax thereon amounts to ` 1,693 crore ( previous year – 1,523 crore ).
FY14 has been a difficult year for the automobile industry. In an environment of overall high inflation and slow economic growth, Bajaj Auto recorded its –
- Highest ever Turnover – INR 20,856 crore
- Highest ever Exports – INR 8,199 crore
- Highest ever Profit before tax – INR 4,632 crore
- Highest ever Profit after tax – INR 3,243 crore
- EBITDA margin* – 21.5%; best in the industry !