Apollo Tyres today announced the introduction of its premium European brand, Vredestein into India. Vredestein, known for its designer and high quality tyres, is entering India with tyre sizes of 15” to 20”. These tyres are meant for speeds upto 240 to 300 kmph and carry a speed rating of V and Y. These tyres would primarily be used for luxury coupes, premium luxury sedans and SUVs, with speeds upto 240 to 300 kph (speed rating of ‘V’ to ‘Y’). The new range of tyres would complement the existing product range from Apollo Tyres in the passenger vehicle tyres space.
The company has also planned an exhaustive driving experience tomorrow for Vredestein tyres, in association with Audi India, at the F1 Circuit in Greater Noida, outside of New Delhi. Motoroids will be a part of this event.
- The tyres being introduced currently, under the Vredestein brand are
- Ultrac Sessanta
- Ultrac SUV Sessanta
- Ultrac Cento
- Sportrac 5
Vredestein tyres will be distributed through a hand-picked set of Business Partners in India, mostly in the tier I and tier II cities. These premium tyres would be sold through multi-branded outlets, including existing Apollo Zones. As a new entrant into India, Vredestein has a distinct advantage of access to the robust network of Apollo Tyres, its trained sales force and the promise of 24 hour service.
Vredestein Collaboration with the great auto designer Giorgetto Giugiaro
In the late 90s, Vredestein teamed up with renowned Italian automotive designer, Giorgetto Giugiaro, who was nominated as the ‘Car Designer of the Century’ by global automotive media in 1999. This signature of an Italian Designer led to the recognition of Vredestein as designer tyres, which is still its unique selling proposition, along with the superior quality.
With a heritage older than 100 years, brand Vredestein’s unique story is best captured through its tagline –Designed To Protect You — which is also its brand promise. A winning combination of Dutch dedication and Italian elegance, Vredestein is best known for its premium high performance passenger vehicle tyres in both summer and winter tyre category.
Manufactured in the state-of-the-art facility in Enschede, in The Netherlands, brand Vredestein is sold largely in the aftermarket, and can be found adorning a whole range of luxury vehicles across the European Union, the United States, the Middle East and China.
Brand Values that give character to Vredestein
- Design: Everything that bears the name Vredestein, is not only functional, but also extremely pleasing to the eye. The collaboration with Giugiaro is an example of this.
- Innovation: Has a history of innovating in the field of technology, products, applications and marketing communications
- Safety: Vredestein ensures that every product manufactured under its name is 100% safe
- Technology: Products are developed at state-of-the-art facility by highly qualified staff using the best possible R&D techniques
- European: Being a highly challenging market, Europe is associated with design and a high sense of quality
- Premium Styling: An association with Vredestein is considered to be a sign of good taste, having a sense of style, and an eye for detail and confidence.
- Quality: Vredestein gives the highest priority to quality with respect to its employees, products, processes, equipment, services and communication.
Commenting on the introduction of Vredestein brand into India, Onkar S Kanwar, Chairman, Apollo Tyres Ltd, said “India has been and will continue to be a very important market for us. India will benefit immensely from the globalisation efforts of the company. Our investments in R&D centres of excellence, positioning of the brand and other marketing initiatives will endear us more to the discerning Indian customers. A major differentiator for this 100 year old brand, Vredestein, which we are introducing today for the Indian customers, is its premium styling and ultra high performance, the two most important factors considered by owners of luxury cars, before buying a tyre.”