We reported in detail when Audi India, the Indian subsidiary of German luxury car manufacturer, introduced the much awaited Audi S6 sedan in India.
Here is all you need to know about the new 2013 Audi S6 4.0 TFSI Quattro
Audi S6 has comes to us via CBU routre and has bee priced at INR 85,99,000 (ex-showroom New Delhi) and is available at all Audi dealerships across India.
“The letter “S” denotes the unrelenting quest at Audi for sportiness. In the S models, sportiness is the overriding principle, flanked by comfort, aesthetic appeal, elegance, uncompromising quality and high-performance engines. The Audi S6 truly embodies the sporty and progressive philosophy of Audi. A powerful vehicle with a cabin full of high-end technology, the Audi S6 is a sports vehicle for everyday driving that offers a perfect combination of thrill, luxury and practicality. It redefines the benchmark yet again in its segment, while upholding and building on Audi’s sporting legacy,” said Mr. Michael Perschke, Head, Audi India.
The new Audi S6 joins the Audi S4, the performance variant of the A4 sedan, in Audi India’s product portfolio. The S4 won a lot of appreciation from us back when we spent a day testing it on varied terrain and we expect the Audi S6 to be at least as fun. Click here to go to Audi S4 Review by us
The S6 comes powered by a 4.0-liter TFSI V8 twin turbo engine churning out 420 hp and the car also benefits from the legendary Audi quattro all-wheel drive. Advanced features include MMI touch, 7 Speed S tronic transmission, Adaptive Sport Air Suspension and quad exhaust outlets.
Unique on the Audi S6 is the Audi Cylinder–on–demand (COD) technology which automatically shuts down four of the eight cylinders when they are not required, and therefore produces lower emissions. The Active Noise Cancellation feature compensates for the noise interference inside the cabin depending on the in-cabin noise and engine noise.
While the Audi S6 is far sportier, the luxury quotient has not been compromised. The Audi S6 comes standard with 4 Zone Air Conditioner, Audi Parking Aid Plus, Electrically adjustable Sport Seats with memory functions for the driver, sun blinds, lighting packages and the likes.
“Audi is the market leader in the sports car and high performance car segment with the Audi R8, Audi R8 Spyder, Audi S4 and Audi TT Coupé. We are now happy to add the Audi S6 to our portfolio after the launch of the new Audi RS 5 Coupé earlier this month. With these launches, I am confident of consolidating our leadership position even further,” added, Mr. Perschke.
At a glance: Audi S6 Sedan
- - Eight-cylinder V-configuration engine
- - 420 bhp (309 kW) between 5500 – 6400 rpm; Peak torque of 550 Nm is achieved
- between 1,400 and 5,200 rpm
- - Zero to 100 km/h in 4.6 seconds
- - Speed is governed electronically when the needle reaches 250 km/h
- – Seven-speed S tronic
- – quattro permanent four-wheel drive with optional sports differential
- – Asymmetric/dynamic torque split
- – Adaptive Sport Air Suspension
- -19-inch cast aluminum wheels of a 5-armwing design
- – High-performance brakes
- – Wide tyres with format 255/40 R19
- – Electromechanical steering configured for a more direct response
- - Supremely athletic figure out on the roads – yet is free from any hint of aggression
- - Eye-catching single-frame grille with S6 emblem display
- - Spoiler lip at the front end of the car provides additional negative lift
Interior and controls
- - New generation of sports seats and upholstered in Alcantara/Leather
- - Front seats are electrically adjustable in multiple directions with lumbar support
- - Exclusive interior with carbon inlays
- - Trim inserts in Matt finish aluminum
- - Driver Information System with 3.5-inch color display with an additional digital
- - Audi sound system with ten speakers and an optional CD/DVD changer
- - Airbags (Full side, Front side and Head)
- - Side airbags for the rear seats are available as an optional extra
Go to next page for Audi S6 image gallery