From One Make Championship to Dirt Track racing to Rallies, TVS Racing has been a major name in motorsports in India for a very long time. TVS Motor Company has been one of the first two-wheeler manufacturers to foray in professional racing in India.
TVS Racing has been an integral part of TVS motors in India, helping TVS in automobile technology innovation for two-wheelers. The journey of TVS Racing began 34 years back when Sundaram Clayton Limited (A TVS Group Company) introduced its 50 cc mopeds in the arena of road racing, clocking speeds of 105 kmph. Over the years, it has helped the company get valuable data, design inputs, development of reliable motorcycle models, excellent vehicle dynamics & handling to pursue excellence in their new products.
34 years of TVS Racing – Infographic (Click to expand)
TVS Racing claimed 159 wins in 185 events between 1988-1999, registering a win percentage of 85%. That number went up to 90% with TVS Racing registering 201 wins at 222 events between 2000-2013.
Here are some of the milestones by TVS Racing:
- In 1994, TVS Racing was the first to start the One Make Championship in India
- TVS Racing participates in Supercross Championships, Rally and Road Racing events in India & Sri Lanka
- TVS Racing participates in Desert Storm, Raid De Himalaya and Dakshin Dare
- In 2015, TVS Racing became the first Indian factory team to take part in the Dakar rally by forging a partnership with Sherco. Thus the Sherco TVS Rally factory team was born
- In 2016, TVS Racing began supporting Alisha Abdullah Racing Academy for Women
- TVS Racing nominated Arvind KP to represent Sherco-TVS Factory Rally Team at Dakar 2017