We have been reporting in detail about the new 2013 Skoda Octavia that will soon go on sale in the European markets and in all probability, is headed our way too.
While Skoda unveiled the car some time ago, the 2013 Skoda Octavia specs have only now emerged. The new Octy gets a range of motors that make the car more efficient and greener.
Petrol mills on offer are:
- 1.2 litre TSI with a peak power-torque output of 84 bhp-160Nm and a claimed fuel economy figure of 19.23 kpl. This motor comes mated with a 5 speed manual ‘box.
- The 1.2 litre TSI Greentec produces 103hp-175Nm and has a FE figure of 20.40 kpl. The Greentec can be ordered with either a six-speed manual or seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox.
- 1.4 TSI Greentec has a power-torque output of 138hp-250Nm and claimed fuel efficiency figure of 18.86 kpl. This engine too can be ordered with either the six-speed manual or seven-speed DSG automatic.
- The top of the line petrol variant, the 1.8 TSI Greentec, has a peak power-torque output of 177hp-250Nm and a FE figure of 17.54 kpl. This engine is available only with the seven speed DSG auto ‘box.
Diesel engines for 2013 Skoda Octavia are:
- A 1.6 litres TDI motor with a max power of 89hp and a FE figure of 24.39 kpl.
- A 1.6 TDI Greentec oil burner with max power of 103hp and a FE figure of 26.31 kpl. This engine is mated to a 5-speed manual or 7-speed DSG.
- A 1.6 TDI GreenLine with 109hp and mated to a 6 speed manual is also on offer. This motor has a claimed FE of 29.41 kpl.
- A 2.0 TDI Greentec mill with peak power-torque output of 148hp-320 Nm and a FE figure of 22.22 kpl is the flagship variant. The motor comes mated to a 6 speed manual or DSG.
- All Greentec engines come with Start/Stop feature as standard.