John Abraham’s love for bikes is well known. His taste in bikes too is something that he can pride himself upon. As a substantiation of his understanding of the beauty of bikes, the Bollywood star has recently bought a brand new pair of wheels, which, we must say is classy and exclusive enough to be the envy of the best of the best.
Built by Rajputana Customs of Jaipur, the bike is a one-off and has been totally custom built to suit the taste and choice of John. The bike is subtle, simplistic, and a complete stand-out much like John’s calm and uncomplicated demeanor but amazing presence. The bike draws inspiration from the American ‘Board Track Racer’ of the 1910’s where motorcycle races were conducted on oval race courses which were about 3km long and the surface composed of wooden planks. Rajputana Customs have made sure that John’s bike is highly stylized which treats aspects such as frame geometry and engine design in a unique way compared to standard manufacturing.
Not surprisingly, John being a true connoisseur of two-wheels was well versed in motorcycle design as well as its technicalities. According to Vijay Singh, the owner at Rajputana Customs, “it was a true pleasure to sit down with him and go over aspects of his custom machine.”
After the Board Track Racer was chosen as a bike to draw inspiration from, Vijay told John that the build process would be at least 50 days due to the sheer amount of work of achieving a fine finish would take. Everything on the bike was custom built by hand- the chassis, single side drum brakes, rims, spokes, girder-fork front suspension, gas tank, handle bars, seat, fenders, internal throttle assembly, even shaving the heads of the screws to make them sit flush and achieve an unmatched finish, the list is never ending.
Speaking about his outfit, Rajputa Customs, Vijay said “we are constantly pushing the limits of custom motorcycle manufacturing, setting the standards, and raising the bar for all the other custom motorcycle builders to follow. I hope that this bike will take John’s breath away and truly make people appreciate the amount of hard work and splashes of creativity that go into making an awe-inspiring motorcycle at Rajputana Customs”
Vijay rode the bike to John’s house and he was waiting outside with a few of his friends. When he saw the bike he was speechless because there was so much detail that he couldn’t take everything in immediately. In Vijay’s words all John kept saying was “amazing bro, a matt, subtle, masterpiece”.”I want to ride her right now!”
- The new RE 500cc engine
- Girder front suspension (Original 1948 BSA 500 Spring)
- Internal throttle assembly
- Hand engraving on all brass parts
- Hand wrapped & stitched leather for the 2 exhaust guards, hand levers, grips, footrests, & battery box
- Custom milled hub and spokes to support the 21″ front.
- Single side drum brakes to keep with the old school aesthetics
- Leaf spring seat perfectly tempered to support 90Kgs (Johns weight)
- Charcoal gold highlighting on the mat black paint
- Engine: Single Cylinder, 4 Stroke, OHV, SI Engine, Air cooled, and Fuel Injection
- Displacement: 499 CC
- Bore x Stroke: 84 mm x 90 mm
- Maximum Power: 27.2 bhp @ 5250 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 41.3 Nm @ 4000 rpm
- Transmission: 5 Speed (left foot gear shift)
- Ignition: Electronic Ignition
Report Amit Chhangani
Photographs Rajputana Customs