The Moto-High Ride 2017: Srinagar-Leh Premium Bike Adventure Trip, Registrations Open
Going to Leh is every biker’s dream. Getting Leh’d, as they say, is probably one of the most important landmarks in an enthusiast’s journey as a biker. Many of us often get that only one chance to visit this Mecca of adventure riders, and yet, often the experience doesn’t match what we expected. Riders often opt for an organized tour to undertake this ride to ensure that their ride is enjoyable and hassle-free, and without any unpleasant surprises. And while there are many tour operators who organize such tours to Ladakh, on a certain budget, we must add; quite a few of these are ill-organized. They skimp heavily on things that really matter like the quality of accommodation, variety and spread of food, health & safety measures, back up and support vehicles and transportations. Unassuming riders often sign up for some of these trips which look lucrative from a price perspective, but their trip often turns into more of an ordeal than an enjoyable experience.
Keeping all these things in mind, Motoroids has tied up with Highlanders to create a premium itinerary for the enthusiast rider who would want to experience the Himalayas in all their bucolic beauty, without worrying one bit about the quality of stay, food, logistics, safety, comfort or any other vital aspect of the journey.
Unlike most other such trips which start from Delhi or Chandigarh and end up wasting 2 to 3 days climbing up to Manali and crossing Rohtang pass before making the riders experience the true beauty of Himalayas, this trip takes the more rustic, more beautiful, and more adventurous route which puts the participants in the middle of the action amidst the Himalayan landscape from day. The trip starts from Srinagar and ends in Leh, which means you almost never witness the maddening traffic and enjoy your trip like the way one should – tranquilly and spiritually.
An important point to mention here is that there has been some violent clashes between the bike rental unions of Himachal Pradesh and Leh of late. Some incidents of riders from Manali climbing up to Leh being harassed with the keys of their bikes snatched have come to light. In that context, this itinerary stays clear of any such conflict to offer a stress-free ride, sans the hassles of getting sucked into a quagmire that you don’t have anything to do with.
The trip is planned in a manner such that everything has been thought out and taken care of in advance. From the riders’ transfers from the airport to the fuel for their bikes, tolls, permissions, health & safety precautions, spares and mechanic, back up vehicles, energy bars to medication for contingencies – everything has been thought through. We’ll make you stay in premium hotels with heart-warming hospitality, have you rested in the top quality Swiss tents where hotels don’t exist, and serve you the most wholesome, delectable meal. You simply have to hop off that flight in Srinagar, and get on with your dream adventure. Simple as that!
You can find a brief itinerary and highlights of the Moto-High Ride below under the respective heads. We would like to mention here that a visit to the Aryan Valley, the abode of some of the first Aryans who came to India is one of the highlights of this trip. The route to this cultural and natural paradise is pretty treacherous, permissions are tough to get, and almost no one offers this as an option in their itinerary.
Interested bikers can leave their details in the form provided below, or get in touch with The Highlanders on firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly, Kamran on +91 8888868552 or Veena on +91 9967370116 for any queries, clarifications or doubts.
Important Note: This trip has been designed for those who value a comfortable, enjoyable and luxurious trip. If you are looking for a budget trip, we would suggest you look elsewhere as this one here is has comfort, convenience and a grand experience as its focus. We didn’t wish to trade the experience of the riders for a few bucks while designing this one, and we think it’s prudent on our part to communicate this to all our readers right at the outset.
The seats are filling fast. Call now to register:
- Kamran – +91 8888868552
- Veena – +91 9967370116
The itinerary of the trip is provided below
Following is a checklist of the salient features of the Moto-High Ride 2017:
While the quality of stay, food and other amenities provided by various tour operators varies depending on how much they value their customer’s comfort and convenience, we are providing some images below for you to assess if the extra money spent is worth it by comparing the quality of accommodation and food between a premium and budget trip. Here are some images:
Day 1: 26th August 2017
Srinagar (1585m) to Sonmarg (2800m) via 80kms via NH1
- Pick-up from the airport in private vehicle
- Direct movement to Sonamarg
- Luxurious night stay at Sonmarg
Day 2: 27th Aug 2017
Sonmarg (2800m)- Drass (3280m)-Kargil (2700m) via zojila pass (3528m) – 125 kms via NH1
- Zojila pass – 9km of total adventure, one of the trickiest high mountain passes in Asia
- Zero point – One of the highest points on Zojila pass, with the temperature at sub-zero levels for the most part of the year
- Batra Transit camp – Created in memory of Capt. Vikram Batra, the hero of the Kargil War who laid down his life fighting the enemies of the country as a Lieutenant of the 13 J&K Rifles.
- Tololing Mountain and Tiger Hills – It is said that the one who has access to these mountain tops owns NH1. One of the most fierce battles fought between India & Pakistan was in this place
- Kargil war memorial – Also known as Drass war memorial, built by the Indian Army in memory of soldiers and officers of the Indian army who were martyred in the Kargil War.
- Night stay at Kargil
Day 3: 28th Aug 2017
Kargil – Aryan Valley – Leh – 230kms via Batalik
(Early Lunch leave from Dah Hanu to Leh via NamikaLa- FotuLa- MoonLand- Lamayuru – Nimoo- Mgnetic Hills- Patthersaheb Gurudwara- Leh)
- A unique clan of people who share genes with the Great Alexander performing a cultural show specially for us.
- Special permits to reach this region will be taken care of by The Highlanders
- Cultural show organised by the Aryan people of the secluded village
- An experience of hospitality like no other
- Visit Lamayuru monastery – One of the largest and oldest gompas in India
- Experience the anti-gravity magical magnetic hills
- Pather Saheb Gurudwara marks the entry into Leh and serves meals to all tourists for years, non-stop, in all seasons
Day 4- 29th Aug 2017
Leh – River Rafting- Hemis Monastery- Thiksey Monastery- Leh Palace- Shanti Stupa
- River rafting at Zanskar river is considered to be the best in the country. 17kms of adrenaline rush in the ice cold Zanskar River. Water to Zanskar river is directly fed by the melting glaciers of the surrounding Himalayan Peaks
- Hemis Monastery -Tibetan Buddhist Monastary of the Drukpa linegae, 45km from Leh, built in 1672 by ladhaki king Sengge Namgyal
- Thiksey Monastary – Located on top of the hill in Thiksey village, located 19kms east of Leh. People who have visited Tibet say that Thiksey manstary has noticeable resemblance to the Potala palace in Lhasa Tibet.
- Leh Palace -was the highest palace in the world for 100 of years. The roof provides panoramic views of Leh and surrounding areas
- Shanti Stupa- Built in the year 1985 this white dome stupa on the hilltop of Changspa was built by Japanese Buddhists as a part of the Peace Pagoda Mission. Boasts of having the most beautiful scenic view of the sunset in the entire Leh city.
- We cover all major touristy locations in and around Leh
Day 5- 30th Aug 2017
Leh (3500m)- Khardungla (5359m)- Nubra/Hunder (3048m)
- Khardungla: Ride through the Highest Motorable road in the world, LIVE YOUR BIKING DREAM
- Double humped Bactrian Camel ride – the origins of these animals is still debatable as the breed is rare and the close cousins are found at the same altitude in the territory of China
- Sand dunes – this unbelievable phenomenon of having sand in the middle of the Himalayas mountains is still a mystery. Rare combination of desert by the river side and fertile land
Day 6: 31st Aug 2017
Nubra – Leh via Khardungla (Evening free for riders to explore Changspa – A place even more chill than Leh itself)
Day 7: 1st Sept
Leh – Pangong via Changla Pass
- Get amazed by the mesmerising sunset from your swiss tents near Pangong tso
Day 8: 2nd Sept
Pangong – Leh (Evening free for riders to explore local Tibetan markets and Cafes)
- Changla Pass is the Worlds third highest pass
- Mermut sighting and Chances of Snow leopard sighting
Day 9: 3rd Sept
Adios amigos: know that we will always miss you & you will always miss Ladakh ! – SalutFamilia !!! Departure to destination via drop at airport
Reserve your seats:
- Rider – Rs. 57,000/-
- Pillion – Rs. 38,000/-
- 4-Wheeler – Rs. 47,000/-
Includes – GST, Luxury Stay on twin sharing, Bike Rentals, Fuel, Tolls, Permits, Breakfast & Dinner, Mechanic Support, Luggage Vehicle, Breakdown Assistance, Trained Martials and Basic Medical Assistance.
- Kamran – +91 8888868552
- Veena – +91 9967370116
To register or know more details about the trip and packages, fill the form below: