We reported in detail when the Tata Aria facelift brochure scans surfaced in the cyberspace. Now, according to a report by ACI, the Tata Aria facelift launch is scheduled to happen on March 12.
The first batch of the updated Tata Aria has already reached dealerships, which suggested the launch will be happening in a week or two. The Tata Aria facelift is equipped with a revised version of the same BS IV compliant 2.2 liter VARICOR four cylinder turbo diesel engine. This revision bumps up the power figure from 138 hp to 148 hp for the facelift. The motor produces 320 Nm of peak torque and has an ARAI certified fuel efficiency of 15.05 kmpl.
Some features of the Tata Aria facelift include:
- 4×4 Adapterra
- Tata Blue 5 connect
- NAVTEQ- Navigation system
- Rain sensing wipers and auto headlamps
- Top-of-the-line Pride variant comes with smoked headlamps
- Top-of-the-line Pride variant comes with 6 speakers and 4 tweeter Harman music system
- Top-of-the-line Pride variant comes with 6 airbags, ESP and TCS
- Climate control available only on the Pride variant
- Electrically powered mirrrors
- Full leather upholstery
- 17 inch alloys on the Pride variant; other two get 16 inch steel rims
The Tata Aria facelift is available in three exterior color options :
- Pearl White
- Arctic Silver
- Quartz Black
The Tata Aria failed to garner enough sales for the Indian car maker. With the Aria facelift, Tata hopes to revive the Aria in the Indian market. We expect Tata to price the new Aria lower than the earlier model.
For now, we await the official communication from Tata Motors.
Stay tuned to Motoroids for more updates on the Tata Aria facelift launch and other details.