The 2014 Mahindra Scorpio facelift has been spied yet again. We have seriously lost the number of counts the car has been spied on test. But, here’s the catch- the car has been spied with a automatic transmission. You can read our whole coverage of the 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift here.
The new spy pics show the the car’s new dashboard that is darker in color than the outgoing Scorpio. The AC vents are now rectangular with silver accents. The new simple instrument console houses a tachometer on the left and the speedometer on the right. There is also a MID between the two meters. The XUV500 inspired steering wheel uses a different color scheme and includes buttons to control the audio system on the left and cruise control functions on the right. A rotary knob sits near the lower part of the steering wheel, which is likely to be the ORVM control knob for the car. The 2014 Mahindra Scorpio facelift uses blue and grey upholstery for the seats.
Earlier, the car was spied many times, but its the first time the interior spy shots show the automatic transmission lever. As per the Team-BHP report, the car uses a a 6-speed automatic transmission. This automatic transmission will be offered with the same 2.2 liter mHawk turbo diesel engine, which generates 120 bhp of max power and 290 Nm of torque. The engine will also be available with a 6 speed manual transmission.
Here are few additional details of the 2014 Mahindra Scorpio facelift:
- The car will receive projector headlamps, with a smoked effect.
- The bonnet scoop has been redesigned and now looks much better integrated.
- The tail lamps have been redesigned, with a rectangular profile.
- The car features beige interiors with wood inserts.
- The infotainment system has been upgraded. A touch screen module may be offered.
- The Scorpio will continue the 7 seat arrangement in a 2+3+2 layout. Similar to the current Scorpio, the last two seats face each other.
We can safely expect Mahindra to showcase the Scorpio facelift at the 2014 Delhi Auto Expo next month. With the SUV segment competition on the rise like never before, do you think the upcoming Mahindra Scorpio facelift will perform as good as its sibling- XUV 500 ? Do let us know your thoughts by penning your comments in the comments section below.
Source : Team-BHP