We have been reporting in detail about the new 2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 aka Café Racer. The Continental GT is already on sale in UK and as we have been saying, will be launched in India on November 26. The launch event will take place in Goa and safely expect us to update you about the launch LIVE from the ground zero. Also expect us to come up with a comprehensive ride report of the new Royal Enfield Continental GT soon after it has been launched in India.
The highly publicized Continental GT 535 aka Cafe Racer is the fastest production Royal Enfield ever. Also, the Conti GT is easily the lightest and probably the sportiest RE in the iconic bike maker’s product portfolio.
The new Royal Enfield Continental GT is powered by a 535cc, fuel injected, air cooled, single pot motor that has a max power of 29.1 BHP and a peak torque of 44 Nm. The engine is attached to a 5 speed manual gearbox.
Suspension duties are courtesy telescopic forks at front and Paioli twin gas-charged shock absorbers at the rear. The Conti GT rides on 18 inch spoke wheels, which are shod with Pirelli Sport Demon tyres. Braking comes from a 300mm floating Brembo disc brake setup up front and a 240 mm disc brake at the rear.
We expect that the new 2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 aka Cafe Racer would go on sale in our country with a sticker price of around INR 2 lakhs.
Go to next page for Royal Enfield Continental GT specifications and pics
Royal Enfield Continental GT Pics
Royal Enfield Continental GT specifications
- Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 4 stroke, Air cooled
- Displacement: 535 cc
- Bore x stroke: 87mm x 90mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.5:1
- Maximum Power: 29.1 BHP (21.4 kW) @ 5100 RPM
- Maximum Torque: 44 Nm @ 4000 RPM
- Ignition System: Digital Electronic Ignition
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 5 Speed Constant Mesh
- Lubrication: Wet sump Engine Oil: 15 W 50 API, SL Grade JASO MA
- Fuel Supply: Keihin Electronic Fuel Injection
- Air Filter: Paper Element
- Engine Start: Electric & Kick
- Chassis Type: Twin downtube cradle frame
- Front suspension: Telescopic, 41mm forks, 110mm travel
- Rear suspension: Paioli twin gas charged shock absorbers with adjustable preload, 80 mm travel
- Wheelbase: 1360 mm
- Ground Clearance: 140 mm
- Length: 2060 mm Width: 760 mm ( Without Mirrors) Height: 1070 mm ( Without Mirrors)
- Seat Height: 800 mm
- Front Tyre: 100/90-18, 56 H Pirelli Sport Demon
- Rear Tyre: 130/70-18, 63 H Pirelli Sport Demon
- Front Brake: Brembo 300 mm Floating disc, 2-Piston floating caliper
- Rear Brake: 240 mm Disc, Single piston floating caliper
- Kerb Weight-(90% Fuel+Oil) – 184 Kgs
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 13.5 L
- Electrical System: 12 volt – DC Battery: 12 volt, 14 Ah
- Head Lamps: 12V H4 60 / 55 W
- GT Tail Lamp: 12V 21W/5W Turn Signal Lamp: 12V 10 W (4 Nos.)