The highly anticipated Yamaha YZF R25 is close to being unveiled in Indonesia and here are all the images and Yamaha YZF R25 Engine details along with some other key highlights of the highly awaited 250cc performance motorcycle from the Japanese bike maker giant. While the new bike will go on sale in Indonesia shortly, the Yamaha YZF R25 launch in India would happen only towards the end of this year/early next year. This simply means that we will have to wait for few months more, before we get to know the details of the India spec model.
- CLICK HERE for our earlier story on Yamaha YZF R25 release date
- Our Complete Coverage of Yamaha YZF R25
- Why the Yamaha YZF R25 might NOT be worth the wait
Here are some of highlights of the new Yamaha YZF R25 —
- The Yamaha YZF R25 doesn’t look too much like the R25 Concept, which is basically a M1 MotoGP contender replica
- Much like the R15, the upcoming bike’s front fairing houses twin front headlights. It also gets a centrally mounted pilot lamp
- The bike doesn’t get USD Forks
- Digital speedometers console with white backlight
- Rear LED taillamp
- Stubby end can
- Yamaha YZF R25 Engine has a DOHC 8 Valves
- Yamaha YZF R25 Engine Power – 36 ps@12000 Rpm
- Torque – 22.1 Nm@ 10000 Rpm
- Compression Ratio – 11.6:1
- 166 kg wet weight figure
- Tubular Diamond frame
- Fuel tank capacity – 14.3 L
The Yamaha YZF R25 is powered by a parallel twin 250cc engine that benefits from liquid cooling and DOHC layout. Max power is rated at 36 ps@12000 Rpm, with peak torque being pegged at 22.1 Nm@ 10000 Rpm. The engine comes mated to a six speed transmission. It is being expected that cost sensitive markets like that of India would get a single cylinder 250cc version that will help Yamaha to price the R25 ultra competitively.
Some Yamaha YZF R25 Images —
Stay tuned to Motoroids India for updates from the Yamaha YZF R25.