Honda Cars India launched the new WR-V in India with prices starting at INR 7.75 Lakhs (Ex-showroom Delhi) and the compact crossover has received a positive response. The Indian arm of the Japanese car maker has received over 7,000 booking since its launch on March 16, 2017. The WR-V is based on Honda Jazz and is placed against the likes of Fiat Avventura, Hyundai i20 Active, Vokswagen Cross Polo and the Toyota Etios Cross.
The compact crossover is available with 2 engine options – a 1.2 petrol and a 1.5 diesel. The 1.2-liter, i-VTEC engine develops 90PS of power at 6000 rpm and 110 Nm of torque at 3600 rpm and comes paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox. The petrol power variant is rated for a fuel efficiency figure of 17.5 kpl. The diesel variant is powered by Honda’s 1.5-liter i-DTEC motor that delivers 100 PS at 3600 rpm and 200 Nm of twist at a rather low 1750 revs. The oil burner gets a 6-speed box and is claimed to return 25.5 kpl for every liter of diesel.
Features at a glance:
- Front Solid Wing Chrome Grille
- First-In-segment Electric Sunroof with One-Touch Open/Close Function with Auto Reverse
- R16 Alloy Wheel design with gunmetal finish
- Turn Indicator on ORVM
- Silver Finished Roof Rail Garnish
- Armor like protective body cladding with big tires
- Headlamp Integrated Signature LED DRLs & position
- High ground clearance lamps
- Chrome door handles
- Premium Split Type Rear Combination Lamps
- Front Fog Lamps & LED High Mount Stop Lamp
- 2 interior color themes – Urban Casual: Black and Bluish grey seat fabric and Urban Sophisticated: Black & Silver seat fabric.
- Advanced Multi-information Combination meter with LCD Display with Blue Backlight and silver finish Eco Assist
- Ambient Rings on Combimeter User-friendly smart interface for automatic climate control
- Silver finished AC vents, door ornaments, dashboard ornaments
- Intelligent storage spaces Front Centre Armrest designed to fit Tablets and iPads USB plug and accessory socket
- Front console box with separate pocket 3 cup holders and 4 bottle holders