Nissan will be launching it’s new 2014 Sunny amid cloudy weather, here in Mumbai today. The Nissan Sunny is without a doubt an excellent buy, when bought listening to the mind, however, the styling was too common for the starry eyed consumer. Nissan has tried to address that with this new Sunny and as they launch it today, and we will bring you all the updates from the event. In the meanwhile you can read our review of this new model at the link below.
With the launch of its new version, the Sunny will be available in a total of 8 variants – XE, XE D, XL, XL CVT, XL D, XV D, XV Premium Pack 1 and XV Premium Pack 2.
The new model’s silhouette is accentuated by a premium front end with bigger and bolder grille, boomerang-shaped headlamps and an all-new bumper, New fog lamps with chrome finishers and generous chrome highlights in the grille surround and front bumper lower lip. The rear end is redesigned and now features flared bumper, black diffuser cladding, chrome trunk garnish and short antenna at the rear end of the roof. Other styling features include chrome door sills, Outside Rear View Mirror (ORVM) mounted turn signals and stylish 12-spoke Y-pattern alloys. The New Sunny will be available in a choice of six colours with three new shades – Pearl White, Deep Grey and Nightshade. The sedan will also be available in Onyx Black, Bronze Grey and Blade Silver.
An enhanced dashboard now has a piano black finish center console and Bluetooth-enabled premium audio. XV variants get a 5.1-inch display for the audio system, which also doubles up as a display for the rear parking camera. The New Sunny also gets an all-new steering wheel with integrated audio and telephone controls.
The model retains the ‘best in class’ interior space and also comes with a host of luxury and comfort features including leather seats, individual rear reading lamps and air blower for rear passengers. The NVH levels have also been improved for a quieter cabin.
The New Sunny is equipped with even more safety features. ABS, EBD and Brake Assist is standard across all variants as is the driver airbag, while a passenger airbag is available from XV grade onwards. Buyers can also opt for side airbags on the XV Premium Safety variant. Below is a comprehensive list of all the variants and their features. (Click to enlarge)
- The Sunny will be available in two engine options,
- The HR15, 1.5 litre, 4 cylinder petrol engine that puts out 97.7 bhp @ 6000 rpm and 134 nm of torque @ 4000 rpm when working with a 5-speed manual
- 99.6 bhp @ 5600 rpm in it’s CVT guise, no auto option for the diesel.
- Diesel option will be the K9K dci, 1.5 litre, Turbocharged common rail engine that produces 200 nm of torque @ 2000 rpm and makes 84.8 bhp at 3750 rpm, mated to a 5-speed manual box.
So stay tuned as we bring you updates from the launch event, LIVE!
As Diana Hayden plays host, here are some pictures from the event and the brochure. (Click to enlarge)
Mr Andy Palmer, Chairman at Infiniti and Chief Planning Officer at Nissan, revealed that the GO+ will be launched later this year and thanks to their R&D facility in Chennai, Nissan cars are now 88% India specific. Mr Palmer revealed Nissan’s global plan to increase it’s market share from 0.7% to 4.7%. Nissan will expand their dealer network from 200 by the end of this year to 300 by 2016. They anticipate the B-segment hatchback market will grow the fastest, as Nisan is now the 2nd largest exporter of automobiles made in India and is a hub for 100 global markets.
The event will see performance by Hrishikesh Pawar, who is the Artistic Director at the Centre of Contemporary Dance, maybe he has some tips for Nissan to make it’s Sunny dance all the way to the top of the sales charts.
The car being revealed,
Prices have been revealed:
- XE – 6.99 lakhs
- CVT – 8.91 lakhs
- Diesel – 7.99 lakhs
- XE – 7,29,354
- XL – 7,94,046
- XL CVT – 9,29,692
- XE (Diesel) – 8,33,696
- XL (Diesel) – 8,97,345
- XV(Diesel) – 9,73,553
- XV Premium (Leather upholstery) (Diesel) – 10,22,690
- XV Premium (Safety Package) (Diesel) – 10.02.248
- New Sunny range to include eight variants and six colour options
- All variants to come with ABS, EBD, Brake Assist & Driver’s Airbag as standard
- Range topping XV Premium variant to come with two options: premium leather upholstery in Leather variant & side airbags in Safety variant.
- The petrol variants offer ARAI certified fuel efficiency figures of 16.95kmpl and 17.97kmpl for manual and CVT transmission respectively. The figure has improved to 22.71kmpl now for the diesel variants.