We covered the BMW 5 series facelift launch in Gurgaon today, and photographed the car inside out. Some really interesting changes have been made to the car which would be of interest to the discerning readers. The most exciting of this is the mood backlight for the instrument cluster. While it is a coll blue when you are driving the car in the sedate Eco Pro mode, it turns an angry red when you shift to Sport mode. Here’s how it looks! Interesting, isn’t it!
Enjoy the images with captions below
To make things more interesting, BMW have made the panoramic sunroof standard across the variant range, which adds more value to the entire lineup.
The new BMW 5 Series has been launched in three design schemes – the Luxury Line, the Modern Line and the M Sport.
- The Luxury Line embodies the ultimate in elegance and exclusivity. It includes exclusive design features in Chrome at the front and rear, BMW kidney grille in Chrome, side window frames and tailpipe trim in Chrome, entry sills illuminated and car key with Chrome trim.
- Modern Line makes for an appearance that is particularly in tune with a contemporary lifestyle. It includes exclusive design features in matt Chrome at the front and rear, BMW kidney grille in matt Chrome, BMW Individual Exterior Line Aluminium Satinatec and tailpipe trim in matt Chrome, entry sills illuminated and car key with Pearl gloss Chrome.
- M Sport celebrates the future-oriented sporty design and dynamics of the new BMW 5 Series. It includes BMW Individual headliner anthracite, BMW Individual high-gloss shadow line, Exhaust tailpipe finishers in chrome dark, M Aerodynamics package, M Door sill finishers, M leather steering wheel with gearshift paddles, Sport seats for driver and front passenger.
The prices are as follows –
- BMW 520d Modern : INR 46,90,000
- BMW 520d Luxury : INR 46,90,000
- BMW 525d Luxury Plus : INR 51,90,000
- BMW 530d M Sport : INR 57,90,000
- The BMW TwinPower Turbo inline six-cylinder diesel engine in the BMW 530d M Sport, with a 3.0 litre capacity, develops 190 kW / 258 hp and impressive torque of 540 Nm. The sprint from 0 to 100 km/h takes 5.8 seconds and top speed is 250 km/h.
- The BMW TwinPower Turbo four-cylinder diesel engine in the BMW 525d, with a 2.0 litre capacity, develops 160 kW / 218 hp and impressive torque of 450 Nm. The sprint from 0 to 100 km/h takes 6.9 seconds and top speed is 243 km/h.
- The BMW TwinPower Turbo four-cylinder diesel engine in the BMW 520d, with a 2.0 litre capacity, develops 135 kW / 184 hp and impressive torque of 380 Nm. The sprint from 0 to 100 km/h takes 7.9 seconds and top speed is 231 km/h.
The eight-speed automatic transmission with Cruise Control performs smooth, almost imperceptible gear shifts. Using the Driving Experience Control switch, the driver is able to choose between different driving modes to suit the driving conditions (ECO PRO, Comfort, Sport and Sport+). #Sport+ available only in the BMW 525d and BMW 530d.
The new BMW 5 Series comes with safety technology such as Active Protection with Attention Assist, Active headrests (front), Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) with Dynamic Traction Control (DTC), Side-impact protection and Warning triangle with first-aid kit, come as standard, giving the driver exactly the right support for any situation.
Check out the exhaustive image gallery below