Official word is out that the Mercedes Benz GL 63 AMG India launch will happen on April 15, 2014. The Mercedes Benz GL 63 AMG India launch will see another addition to the car maker’s fast growing AMG line up of high-performance cars. Currently, this range includes C 63 AMG, the G 63 AMG, the E 63 AMG and the SLK 55 AMG.
The soon to be launched GL63 AMG is powered by a 5.5 litre bi turbo V8 engine that sends 549 bhp of max power to all four wheels. The car tips the scales at 2.5-tonne and the engine comes mated to a seven-speed 7G-Tronic AMG automatic gearbox, which bestows this mammoth with a 0 to 100 kmph timing of supercar rivaling 4.9 secs. The G63 AMG has a top whack of 250 kmph. The car comes kitted out with ‘AMG ride control’ package of adaptive, self-levelling air suspension and active roll-bars.
Mercedes-Benz GL63 AMG standard features list includes:
- AMG door sill panels in stainless steel
- AMG floor mats
- AMG sports pedals in brushed stainless steel with rubber studs
- Active Parking Assist
- ATTENTION ASSIST
- Bi-xenon headlamps
- Audio 20 CD radio with Bluetooth® and USB interface
- COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST
- Electric EASY-ENTRY system in the rear compartment
- Electrically operated EASY-PACK tailgate
- Electric glass tilt/sliding sunroof
- Intelligent Light System (ILS) with new off-road lighting
- Multicontour seats for driver and front passenger including a massage function and Memory package
- Crosswind Assist
- THERMATIC 3-zone automatic climate control
The Mercedes GL 63 AMG, akin to other cars in Mercedes India’s AMG line up, will be brought to us via CBU route. Stay tuned to Motoroids for details on Mercedes Benz GL 63 AMG India launch.