Mercedes-Benz extended its AMG line-up in the country with the launch of the new Mercedes-AMG C43 4Matic saloon. The Mercedes-AMG C43 4Matic is the third product with the ’43 AMG’ nomenclature and has been priced at INR 74.35 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The new Mercedes-AMG C43 4Matic draws power from a 3.0 Litre V6 Bi-turbo petrol engine that churns out 270 kW (367 hp) and 520 Nm of torque available at as low as 2000 rpm. The car propels from a standstill to 100 kph in 4.7 seconds. A 9G-TRONIC Automatic Transmission, featuring nine forward gears, is aimed to deliver rapid gear shifts, in turn enhancing the driving performance without compromising on fuel efficiency.
The new saloon comes equipped with DYNAMIC SELECT that allows the driver to choose their desired setting based on the driving patterns. To this end, the driver can select one of five transmission modes using the DYNAMIC SELECT switch: “ECO”, “Comfort”, “Sport”, “Sport +” and “Individual”.
Visually, the Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC is designed to convey a strong presence even at a standstill. Upfront is a AMG apron with sporty, air intakes, diamond-pattern grilles and front splitter in silver chrome. The LED Intelligent Light System automatically adapts to the lighting and driving conditions. In addition to the striking look, LED technology features greater luminosity while producing less glare. The saloon features a 45.7 cm (18-inch) AMG 5-spoke light-alloy wheels painted in high-gloss black and with a high-sheen finish. “BITURBO 4MATIC” lettering on the front wings is standard. The Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC finalizes its sporty look at the rear end with the signature AMG twin-tailpipe design.
On the inside, the new c43 AMG features a multifunction sports steering wheel, sports seats in ARTICO man-made leather with enhanced lateral support and an AMG instrument cluster. The 43-series typical red topstitching stresses the exclusivity of the AMG brand. The 3-spoke multifunction sports steering wheel in black nappa leather with red topstitching, flattened bottom section, heavily embossed in grip area, with DIRECT SELECT steering wheel shift paddles and steering wheel bezel in silver chrome.
The sports seats in ARTICO man-made leather/DINAMICA microfiber with red contrast topstitching along with AMG-specific seat upholstery layout are aimed to imply the AMG sportiness.
The safety and driving assistance features include:
Parking Assist PARKTRONIC including Reversing Camera
- Active Parking Assist with PARKTRONIC and reversing camera
- Reduced strain on driver by helping to find a parking space
- Convenient entering and leaving of parking spaces thanks to active steering and brake actuation
- Parking possible also in small parking spaces and in several manoeuvres
- The system is able to recognise critical driving situations as they develop, and initiate preventive occupant protection measures if an accident threatens. These include e.g. reversible belt tensioning or automatic closing of open side windows
- ESP, ABS, BAS
- High structural safety of the body-shell, 7 airbags and other restraint systems provide the best possible protection
- Assistance systems such as ATTENTION ASSIST warn the driver, when it detects typical signs of drowsiness in his/her steering behavior.
- Other systems like tyre pressure monitoring system continuously monitors the inflation pressure of all four tyres
- These have ensured that the car has a 5 star rating from EURO NCAP
Meet the model at a glance through the pointers below:
- The AMG C 43 4MATIC is the 13th product launched by Mercedes-Benz India in 2016
- The launch of the AMG C 43 4MATIC further consolidates Mercedes-Benz India’s performance cars portfolio
- Performance Guaranteed: The AMG C 43 4MATIC features a 3.0 Litre V6 Bi-turbo petrol engine that churns out 270 kW (367 hp) and 520 Nm of torque available at as low as 2000 rpm | 0 – 100 in just 4.7 seconds
- DYNAMIC SELECT with 5 four drive modes: Comfort, Sport, Sport +, Eco & Individual
- Motorized by the 9G-TRONIC transmission, the AMG C 43 4MATIC ensures rapid gear shifts, in turn enhancing the driving performance without compromising on fuel efficiency
- AMG Bodystyling for sportier exterior design
- AMG sports suspension and sports exhaust system
- AMG Performance 4MATIC permanent all-wheel-drive system
- Dynamic LED headlights with Intelligent Light System
- Parking package including Parking Assist PARKTRONIC and reversing camera
- AMG instrument cluster with 2 tubular dial instruments with 13.97 cm (5.5-inch) multifunction display, AMG main menu including RACE TIMER and 280 km/h scale with “chequered flag” design
- The Mercedes-Benz AMG C43 4MATIC is priced at INR 74.35 lakhs (Ex-showroom, Delhi)
|Performance Data||Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC|
|Number of valves per cylinder||4|
|Power (kW [hp] @ rpm)||270 /5,500 – 6,000|
|Torque (Nm @ rpm)||520 @2,000 – 4,200|
|Acceleration (0-100 km/h)||4.7 sec|
|Top Speed (km/h)||250|