MapmyIndia (CE Info Systems (P) Ltd.) is India’s leader in premium quality map data, Car GPS Navigation, GPS Vehicle Tracking, GIS Enterprise Solutions and Location Aware Web and Mobile Applications. A couple of months ago, they had released something that they reckon is India’s most powerful and advanced navigation app- NaviMaps. While that was for the Android platform, Mapmyindia have recently released a NaviMaps app for the iOS platform.
Apple users in India can now enjoy this best-in-class app which boasts house-level navigation and regional language voice guidance in as many as 10 different languages. International navigation is also offered in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal. All of the above features are a first for India. Apart from that, there’s automatic traffic based re-routing and real-time journey updates on Facebook along with a superfast and responsive experience. Another distinguishing feature being 3D & 2D landmarks bundled with panoramic view.
MapmyIndia offers NaviMaps as a ‘Freemium’ app where the user has to pay a small fee to enjoy full Pro-guidance features; this is more than compensated by the significant savings made by not having to pay any data charges, as the app is offline. In case the user does not activate the Pro-guidance features after the 3 day free trial, he can do so at any time in the future through in-app purchase.
“We launched NaviMaps about two months back on the Google Play store. The response has been overwhelming. The reviews and emails received are a testimony to the great user experience NaviMaps provide. We now extend this offering to all Apple users in India who can now enjoy India’s best maps loaded with advanced features and offline functionality on NaviMaps,” says Rakesh Verma , Managing Director, MapmyIndia.
MapmyIndia NaviMaps- key features:
- India’s best-in-class navigation app with house addresses, regional language guidance and real time traffic information
- Maps and directions free for life and voice Guidance available as in-app purchase post 3-day full featured trial
- International footprint by offering maps for Sri Lanka, Bangladesh & Nepal
- Real time turn-by-turn voice guidance in 10 regional languages
- Auto re-routing based on real-time traffic information or deviation from suggested route
- Social Navigation with Real-time journey progress updates on Facebook
- Realistic 3D landmarks and house number search on Maps
- Superfast navigation with single line predictive destination search
- Instantly check for traffic delays along your regular routes before you start out
Free Maps App for lifetime Includes:
- Three (3) alternate routes to your destination and one pedestrian route
- Location, route sharing via Facebook, messages, email, Live Traffic with detailed MapmyIndia maps for whole of India with latest coverage.
- Single line predictive destination search and Multi-stop Routing with Full multi-touch map display support
- Two-ﬁnger swipe down on any page or menu to return to map view and Straightforward menus and fast workﬂow
- Three days free trial for full version pro-guidance app
In-App purchase to full-featured pro-guidance for lifetime for INR 620 includes:
- Maps for other countries like Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri-Lanka
- Real time turn-by-turn voice guidance in 10 regional languages apart from English
- Auto re-route if you deviate from suggested route
- House Number Data , POI along the route, 3D buildings
In-app purchase of Map Updates for INR 299