Mahindra Two Wheelers has announced the launch of a new variant of its MOJO motorcycle – the MOJO Universal Tourer (MOJO UT) 300. The motorcycle has been priced at INR 1.49 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) which is about INR 20,000 cheaper than the standard MOJO, the Xtreme Tourer (XT) 300. Additionally, there is an Exclusive Introductory Benefit of INR 10,000 per bike, valid till March 2018.
The new Mahindra MOJO UT300 loses out on a few features that are seen on the more premium MOJO XT300. The changes include:
- No LED DRL above the dual headlight
- Conventional unit front suspension with Fork Brace instead of upside down unit
- Single sided exhaust instead of the dual outlet on the Mojo
- Raised handlebar and wider seat for more comfortable ergonomics
- New side stand with added length
- MRF Nylogrip Zappers (Front 110/70 – 17, Rear 140/70 – 17) instead of Pirelli
- Carburetor instead of fuel injection system
The 300 cc liquid cooled engine on the UT 300 is tuned to deliver 23 bhp of power and 25.2 NM of torque. Stopping power is provided by 320 mm disc at the front and a 240 mm disc at the rear. The motorcycle continues to use the massive 21-liter fuel tank.
Speaking on the launch, Prakash Wakankar, CEO – Two Wheelers Business said that with the launch of the MOJO UT 300, the Company believes that they have an exciting product offering for the new age bike enthusiast. With the launch of this new variant, the MOJO will now be available to a wider range of consumers in more than 60 cities across India.