We are reporting LIVE from the new 2014 Kawasaki Z1000 India launch event and the latest motorcycle from the famous Japanese bike maker has been launched in India for a price of INR 12.5 lakhs (ex Pune).
With the launch of the Kawasaki Z1000, the bikemaker’s product portfolio for India expands to a total of six models, viz. Ninja 300, Ninja 650R, ZX10R, ZX 14R, new Ninja 1000 and the new Z1000.
The new 2014 Kawasaki Z1000 made its public debut only some time earlier this year and we are totally impressed by the fact that the manufacturer has been really quick in bringing the new bike to our shores.
Here, we have a handful of pics, along with all the details of the recently launched bike-
2014 Kawasaki Z1000 Engine Details
- Powering the new 2014 Kawasaki Z1000 is a re-worked version of the same motor that powered the earlier model.
- For the 2014 version, the 1043cc DOHC liquid-cooled 16-valve inline 4 cylinder engine belts out a max power of 142ps@10,000 rpm and produces a peak torque of 111 nm @ 7300 rpm.
- The increase in the performance figures is courtesy a remapped ECU, revised camshaft timing and a new Cold Air Intake (CAI) system that routes fresh air to the airbox via extra ducts located at the front with a new non-woven air filter element that enables optimal flow at high RPM.
2014 Kawasaki Z1000 Frame
- The newly launched 2014 Kawasaki Z1000 is built around a new aluminum frame looks much like the one on the Ninja ZX10R.
- The highlight of the new frame is that it has been casted together with the swingarm pivot pieces, thereby entirely eliminating the need of welds.
2014 Kawasaki Z1000 Suspension Details
- The 2014 Kawasaki Z1000 gets a set of new fully adjustable 41mm inverted SFF-BP (Separate Function Fork – Big Piston) forks at front
- At the rear, the bike comes equipped with a new preload+rebound-adjustable back-link rear monoshock
- The mono at the rear has been mounted horizontally for optimal mass centralization and heat resistance
2014 Kawasaki Z1000 Brakes
- The new 2014 Kawasaki Z1000 is equipped with 310mm twin petal disc brakes at front
- The bike gets a 250mm single petal disc brake at rear
- Bosch-supplied ABS is standard on the new bike
2014 Kawasaki Z1000 Price in India
- The new 2014 Kawasaki Z1000 comes to India via CBU (Completely Built Unit) route and as we said above, has been priced at INR 12.5 lakhs (ex Pune).
- The bike can be booked for INR 5 lakhs.
What do you have to say about the price of the new bike? Do you think the fact that Kawasaki India has brought this bike to us soon after its international debut would push other international bike makers to take our market more seriously?
Stay tuned to Motoroids for the new Kawasaki Z1000 India launch report