That the Indian subsidiary of Mercedes Benz intends to launch the all new 2014 Mercedes S Class in India is a well known fact. Now, it has emerged that Mercedes Benz India dealers across the country have commenced registering pre-orders of the upcoming Merc flagship saloon for a sum of INR 25 lakhs.
India is most likely to first get the S500 limited edition model, which will come to us via the CBU route. Deliveries of the S500 will start in January itself and only 125 units of the S500 Limited Edition variant have been allocated for our country.
Powering the 2014 Mercedes Benz S500 is a twin turbo V8 petrol engine that has a max power of 461 PS. The S500 will be available in only two exterior paint options- Black and White. It is being said that the S350CDI diesel variant will make it to India sometime in June. The S350 CDI will have a max power of 258 PS and is pretty obvious, will become the more popular engine variant. Mercedes Benz India will kickstart the CKD assembly of the S Class with the advent of the S350 CDI.
The latest gen 2014 Mercedes S Class comes ‘overloaded’ with gizmos and boasts of features such as-
- Seats with ENERGIZING massage system
- Integrated telephone for rear seats
- Burmester® High-End 3D Surround Sound system with 24 high-performance speakers and 24 separate amplifier channels
- 12.3 inch TFT screens for in car audio visual entertainment
- AIR-BALANCE package that takes care of perfume atomisation in 4 different fragrances
- THERMOTRONIC automatic climate control
- ROAD SURFACE SCAN (optional)
- MAGIC BODY CONTROL tunes up the suspension to tackle the changing road surfaces
- Adaptive Damping System ADS PLUS
- Updated AIRMATIC full air suspension system.
- Active Parking Assist
- Active Lane Keeping Assist
- Night View Assist Plus
- Distronic Plus with Steering Assist
- Brake Assist Plus with Cross-Traffic Assist
- Pre-Safe Brake with pedestrian recognition etc.
We just can’t wait to drive (and to be driven around) in the new 2014 Mercedes S Class. What about you?