2017 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10RR has been officially launched in India. The bike will be available in the country for a price of INR 21.9 Lakhs Ex-Showroom Pune). For 2017, the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10RR gets race ready engine upgrades that include increased engine case strength, increased cam clearance. Furthermore, it features a Diamond Like Carbon (DLC) coated tappets to reduce mechanical power loss in race tuned engines. More on offer are 7-spoke multi-directional forged aluminum Marchesini wheels and an updated KQS (Kawasaki Quick Shifter) now allows clutchless downshifts.
As the folks at Kawasaki say – Currently leading the standings for 2017 after Race 1 & 2 at Philip Island, Australia, the 2017 Ninja ZX10RR is the closest out-the-box motorcycle capable of winning Super Stock podiums. The ZX-10R is the most famous and fastest motorcycle in production racing in the world today and the ZX-10RR is as close as you can get to a WSBK machine.
Designed as a single-seat model, the Ninja ZX-10RR skips the rear footpeg mounts and rear seat. It gets a lightweight exhaust mount, all contributing to weight savings. The single-seat cover which comes as standard fitment also contributes to the bike’s race-inspired livery. The KRT (Kawasaki Racing Team) Winter Test snowflake logo on the cover matches the one on the windscreen. Every model will feature an “RR” logo stamped into the side cover to further distinguish the Ninja ZX-10RR from the standard model. The ignition key is also decorated with an ‘RR’ logo. The 2017 Ninja ZX-10RR comes standard with ABS.
- Powerful 998cc in-line four-cylinder 16-valve engine
- Lightweight crankshaft allows for quick revving and great low-mid-range power
- Computer-controlled electronic throttle valve delivers precise control
- Engine enhancements to create a motorcycle even closer to its WorldSBK winning counterpart
- Stronger, reinforced engine cases Using the 2016 engine as the base point, the Ninja ZX-10RR sportbike features many added improvements, creating an even stronger performing platform.
- Features a lightweight crankshaft, which allows the engine to spin up quickly and great throttle response and acceleration.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10RR draws power from a 4-stroke, 4 cylinder, DOHC, 4-valve, Liquid-cooled mated to a 6-speed transmission. This 998cc unit is capable of producing 197 Bhp at 13,000 rpm and 113.5 Nm of peak torque at 11,500 rpm.