Launched in June 2013, Kar-Worx & Spa India Pvt. Ltd., a subsidiary of Padmashree Dr. Suwalal Bafna Group, is a multi-brand car servicing organization. The start-up has a strategic partnership with Valvoline and has already seen business servicing high-end cars like BMWs, Audi, Mercedes Benz, Aston Martin, Jaguar and Range Rover among many other mid & entry segment cars. Unlike local garages, they give warranty on most of their services.
Talking about the success, Mr. Rishab Bafna, Managing Director of Kar-Worx & Spa India Pvt Ltd – “Kar-Worx & Spa is a concept where we educate the customer about their car with live car diagnostics. We provide state-of-the-art service for today’s modern car. Initially, it was a learning process, but we believed in our business model and after a year I can say we have finally struck a chord with our existing and potential customers.”
“With more joint ventures and tie-ups, we want to look at higher volumes and better margins to give our customers the benefit of low prices. By the year-end 2014, we are looking at setting shop in 2 more locations. In the next 2 to 3 years, we will aggressively reach out to Tier II and Tier III cities, as they are the upcoming markets for growth across all sectors.” He added.
“Our aim for the near future is to create a close-knit IT infrastructure to supplement our multi-city expansion plans. We promise to create and maintain a standard of quality service for all our customers across all our current and future locations.”
He continues, “Our partnership with Valvoline, in line with our mission statement, will help us achieve global standards in customer service using world-class products along with a robust training program.”
All of the equipment at Kar-Worx & Spa comes from the pioneers of the auto industry:
– Valvoline > Eagle One
– Paints >Dupont, Glasurit&Sikkens
At Kar-Worx, the following services can be availed:
I. Periodic Maintenance:
o Engine Oil Change
o Engine Tune-ups
II. Mechanical Services:
o Brake Services
o Mufflers and Exhaust
o Steering & Suspension
o Gear Box
o Engine Block
III. Tyre Services
o Tyre Rotation
o Tyre Balancing
o Air pressure check
o Wheel Alignment
o Puncture Repair
o Tyre Change
o Wheel Alloy Repair
IV. Electrical & A/C Services:
o Engine diagnostics
o Battery Charging and Replacement
o Lights & Wiring
o A/C Recharging & Repairs
o Pampered Foam Wash
o Exterior Detailing
o Interior Detailing Underbody coatings & treatments
o Tyre treatments
o Odor elimination and anti bacterial treatments
o Engine flush & additives
VI. Accident Repairs
Aside from the above mentioned services Kar-Worx also does Pest Control, A/C Disinfection and Sun Films, apart from giving the customer the following additional services:
o AMC Packages
o Corporate Packages
o Breakdown Services
o Cashless Insurance
o For the first time, 1 year Paint warranty for all accident repair cars
o Live Diagnostics taking the customer through the problem areas of his/her car
o We give guarantee on most parts.
Recently, Kar-Worx & Spa India hosted an evening aimed at ‘Meeting, Talking & Blogging’ for bloggers from some well-known media houses. The agenda of the meet was to introduce Kar-Worx & Spa by Mr. Rishab Bafna (Managing Director), discussion on the aftermarket car care industry and Kar-Worx – Birth of Concept, Industry developments supplemented with statistics, Insights into Automechanika Frankfurt and new opportunities. The meet ended with a tour of the workshop with Live Demos of some our services & equipment.
As discussed at the meet, we re-iterate that customer satisfaction and transparency in our operations is imperative for us to create a brand in Kar-Worx & Spa. Some of the important points that Kar-Worx touched base with were:
1. Live Diagnostics – To educate the customers about their car, it is important for them to understand what are the pain points that need to be looked into before the trouble escalates and hampers their safety. This is the Kar-Worx way of creating transparency right from the time the customer walks into our workshop with their car. The customers can stand under the car and look into their car through our top-of-the-line scanners as well as in plain sight;while their technician guides them through the problem areas and provides solutions for those problems.
2. Brand Creation – Kar-Worx is a single location today, although they are looking at expanding at a good pace. The aim is to have Transparency at all levels, Standardisation among all locations and Complete Portfolio Management which includes: Insurance sales & claims, Complete Car Care, Buying & Selling Used cars and Accident repairs with Cashless Claims.
3. 10 Minute Oil change – Valvoline is the first producer of motor oil in the world, with over 900 locations in the U.S. of Valvoline Instant Oil Services. At Kar-Worx, a customer can walk into our workshop and get the oil of their car changed in under 10 minutes, subject to parts availability.
4. Fight Spurious Parts –35% of the Indian automotive spares market is made up of fake and unsafe parts. One of the key reasons being the unorganised nature of this market. Kar-Worx has always supported Right to Repair Act and Mr.Jagdish Khattar for initiating the fight, which allows manufacturers to sell spare parts outside the dealership network.
5. Warranty on Spares –Using the Hub & Spokemodel, we want to stock spare parts so the customer need not wait for the delivery of their car. We are also looking at providing warranty on all our parts to give them a hassle-free experience every time they get their car serviced at Kar-Worx, across all our locations.
Talking about our first bloggers meet, Mr. Rishab Bafna, Managing Director, “In our endeavor to bring organised car care to India, the response in our support from the media fraternity was overwhelming. We look forward to hosting such events and gain media support towards customer education.”
Media Contact: Alisha Bafna
For further information please visit www.karworx.com