Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) sales report for the month of June ’13 is as follows-
Key Highlights of the report:
1. Overall Sales: With 11% overall growth (YoY) HMSI total sale is 252,114 units in Jun’13.
~ Motorcycle: 120,639 units sold in June’13, HMSI growth is 17% (YoY)
~ Scooter: 131,475 units sold in June’13, HMSI growth is 6% (YoY)
2. HMSI Growth: HMSI posts 11% growth in June (YoY) in contrast to 5% drop in overall 2Wheeler industry sales in June’13.
3. HMSI market share: 22%(Dom) , 20%(Dom+ Exp)
4. Production starts at 3rd Plant in mid June’13. Initially Dream Yuga and Activa being manufactured
5. Model upgrade: 2013 edition of two models launched – CBR 250R (3 colours+Repsol limited editon) and Dream Yuga (with HET)
“While Indian 2W industry witnessed a de-growth of 5%, Honda continues to lead on back of strong customer demand and has clocked 11% growth in June 2013. With the start of 3rd plant in mid June, we are working with new speed to satisfy our 95,000 waiting customers faster with quality products and services near them. Now with the start of all India availability of our recently launched CB Trigger and Dream Neo, we are confident of consolidating our growth in future too.” said Mr. Y.S Guleria, Vice President – Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt Ltd.