Triumph has revealed its all new Street Cup at the 2016 Intermot. With a name inspired by the club racing scene, the Street Cup aims to offer the style of a contemporary custom cafe racer for modern riders. The bike shares its styling principles with the Street Twin. It features the iconic Bonneville silhouette combined with clean lines, minimal bodywork and modern finishes. Cast wheels, an elegant fuel tank with a locking fuel cap and black sculpted engine covers make it minimalistic yet stylish.
The distinctive features of the new Street Cup include:
- Authentic bullet seat with Alcantara top, accented with Silver contrast stitching.
- Café racer inspired seat cowl, body colour painted with number board graphics. Seat cowl can be removed to reveal pillion seat area.
- Colour matched fly-screen with matching graphic.
- Contemporary bar-end mirrors with forged arms.
- Twin instrument clocks with polished stainless steel bezels, as featured on Thruxtons.
- Thruxton R style foot pegs
- Thruxton forged headlight mounts and painted bowl and bezel
- Sporty fork protectors, replacing the Street Twin’s classic ‘fork gaiters’
- Stylish Black bullet indicators
Other details include hand applied coach-lining on the tank, pin-striped wheels, Gold coloured engine badges, unique decals and Triumph tank badges. The bike is available in two colour schemes. These are
- Racing Yellow and Silver Ice with Jet Black hand-applied coach lining
- Racing Yellow wheel pin-striping or Jet Black and Silver Ice with Goldhand-applied coach lining and Gold wheel pin-striping
To match its ‘street racer’ badge the Street Cup gets a slightly sportier stance than the stock Street Twin. Compared to the Street Twin the rider is seated slightly higher and further back with the handlebar position is lower. The seat height is a low 780mm, and the the Street Cup can be ridden by riders of all shapes and sizes.
The Street Cup gets new distinctive dropped ‘Ace’ style bars and new, taller rear suspension which raises the back end and steepens the head angle. This bit also enhances the bike’s agility. Braking is through 2-piston sliding axial Nissin caliper.
Engine and performance
The Street Cup shares the 900cc Bonneville engine with the Street Twin, mated to a slick five-speed gearbox. Peak power is rated at 55 PS / 54 BHP @ 5900 rpm and peak torque is 80Nm @ 3230 rpm
The Street Cup benefits from Triumph’s ride-by-wire fuel injection and liquid cooling. The bike, with its extended service interval of 10,000 miles (16,000km) also bodes well for low cost of ownership.
To top it up, the Street Cup gets a new distinctive, shorter and lighter twin upswept silencers. The canisters are satin black with stainless steel end cap. The exhaust has been tuned to deliver a unique exhaust note – deep and full.
Electronics and Rider Aids
The Street Cup comes with a wealth of advanced rider focused technologies. The bike gets a Ride-by-wire tech, ABS, Switchable traction control and Torque assist clutch which is lighter to operate. The Street cup gets LED Rear lights with a distinctive pattern and a twin clock instrument panel complete with a digital menu system.
You also get an Engine Immobiliser and a USB Charging Socket mounted underneath the seat for convenient charging of essential devices
The instrument panel of the Street Cup offers
- Gear position indicator Odometer
- Two trip settings
- Service indicator
- Range to empty
- Fuel level
- Average and current fuel consumption
- Traction control settings
Cruise control and heated grips are available as an option.
Check out the detailed technical specifications of the Triupmh Street Cup below, followed by an image gallery
|Type||Liquid cooled, 8 valve, SOHC, 270° crank angle parallel twin|
|Maximum Power||55 PS / 54 BHP (40.5kW) @ 5900 rpm|
|Maximum Torque||80Nm @ 3230 rpm|
|Exhaust||Brushed 2 into 2 exhaust system with twin brushed silencers|
|Clutch||Torque assist. Wet, multi-plate clutch|
|Dry Weight||200 kg|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||12 L|
|Front Suspension||KYB 41mm cartridge forks. 120mm travel|
|Rear Suspension||KYB twin shocks with adjustable preload. 120mm travel|
|Front Brake||Single 310mm floating disc, 2-piston Nissin axial floating|
|Rear Brake||Single 255mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper, ABS|
|Nissin branded twin piston sliding caliper|
Ace style handle bar
Bullet seat with silver stitching and painted cowl
Switchable traction Control
LED rear light
USB power socket